Merseyrail Parking PCN - claims i parked overnight - i did NOT

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It's issued under the Merseyrail Byelaws (Byelaw 14 I believe) and is an administrative penalty.

You can choose to ignore it if you like, however it will result in keeper details being obtained and then turn into a court date in front of a magistrate - completely different to private land "invoices" and council "fines", and will end up in you paying the full ticket amount, plus costs.

I suggest you pay it, and learn from your mistake, unless you feel that you have a strong case to appeal it in front of a magistrate?

Edited by Huggy89

• dx100uk changed the title to Merseyrail Parking PCN - claims i parked overnight - i did NOT

Hi Huggy that is a good observation thanks.

I wouldn’t mind the previous evening I went to pay at the ticket office and it was shut asking me to pay at the destination station. I don’t know if this would count for anything either.

Huggy is spot on.  This isn't from a rubbish private parking company, it's issued under bye-laws and if you ignore it you will probably be prosecuted.

Up to you.  Pay £30 and it vanishes.

Or you can appeal it and say you didn't park overnight as Huggy suggests.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Dave really appreciate that as always. Yes I suspected this was more legitimate than the usual cowboys, so I am grateful it’s got nothing to do with them at least.

I’m just worried that they may have some other way of confirming I had parked overnight. Do they take pics maybe when they shut the station, or CCTV maybe? 

If there was any risk element to this then maybe it’s better to take the medicine as you say.

there will be cctv, there is cctv on every network rail station carpark under their byelaws.

now if you could ever find who has this is another matter.

there was another user here that had her car reversed into and i don't think they ever got the footage to prove the perpetrator .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

posts moved for you dave

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...