PCN 31j Entering and stopping in a box junction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Could you help with this please? I've been sent a PCN for the above. There is no video and the images shown are 2-3 seconds apart, which I believe is de minimus? There doesn't appear to be any way of requesting whether video exists.

PCN.pdf

Ok, so the video only plays on a chrome browser.

I’m turning left into 2 lanes and the vehicles left and front block the flow and don’t enter the empty lane, so I’m stuck in the exit of the box. It’s 6:30am.

any hope for me?

The legislation provides a defence if you are turning right and the only thing preventing you from doing so is oncoming traffic (or other vehicles also turning right, who are themselves only prevented from doing so by oncoming traffic).

The legislation says the offence is stopping within the box junction. The highway code phrases it differently as "you MUST NOT  enter....."

This produces a potential grounds of appeal, but in the end the offence at law is stopping (not if the exit was clear and someone else's bad driving then caused you to stop......).

So, as you were turning left, I doubt an appeal will succeed, though (depending on the video, which we cant see), you might try arguing that your exit was clear (if it was!) when you entered (as per the Highway code), and other's driving then forced you to stop.

Or, if you didnt actually stop, but were just moving slowly throughout : then you appeal on those grounds. The first is a gamble, they might reject it. The second is an absolute defence (if true!).

If neither of those apply, and you are relying, instead, on the fact it was 6.30 am ; the time is irrelevant.

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1