WWW.MOUNTBATTENCARSALES.CO.UK/Close Brothers - Faulty car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

post up the text of the POC you actually filed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"By an HP agreement on 30/4/22 with the defendant I bought a car – Kia Sorento,  for £7700.

Within In the first 5 months the car demonstrated defects and is not of satisfactory quality.

Claimant was informed by the supplier that it was her own responsibility.

Being unaware of her rights, she had certain repairs carried out at her own cost.

The vehicle is presently undrivable and is on her premises.

The supplier of the car and defendant have both been fully informed and have declined to act refused to take any action.

Claimant seeks full reimbursement of purchase price, repair costs & incurred expenses - £5470.53. Defendant has been notified of storage cost."

How is the figure you won made up?

Does it equate to what you have paid to date via payments to close brothers?

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

brilliant.

write to close brother head office

simply state...

following the my now settled judgement against yourselves, ref (see copy of judgement attached to this letter)

please arrange within the next 14 the collection of said vehicle under the voided/cancelled hp agreement xxxx .

failure to collect the vehicle will incur you a £15 xxx day store cost.

should i fail to hear from you within the above period , please be under no illusion that i will not tolerate to allow your property to remain within my possession and i WILL raise an immediate court claim without further notice to yourselves.

and they

cancel dd yes.

should of done that long ago.

its not your car you cannot sell/scrap.

and they

Ok.

Well stop the DD now it's concluded.

Dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a call from close brothers.

they're happy to take the car away but still want to charge me the outstanding finance (about £7000!).

they said I need to "voluntarily surrender" the asset and they'll "sell" it and take that off the remaining finance.

I am refusing to accept this and want the contract cancelled as per the court case!

any advice? 🫣

the agreement does not exist anymore surely

dx

and they

Of course it does...a court case can't terminate an agreement ......the claim was against the car dealer who have been paid by Close Brothers to finance the car. 

You either VS the car to Close Bros or pay the balance outstanding...the court judgment is against the car dealer...not Close Bros.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They want you to VS and they will sell the vehicle for its best price if there is an outstanding balance then you will be liable to settle it.

So you either VS or pay the total outstanding.

I thought the claim was against the dealer so apologies. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Have read of the following for how a VS can impact your credit rating.

WWW.EXPERIAN.COM

Voluntarily surrendering your vehicle may be slightly better than having it repossessed. Unfortunately, both will have a serious negative impact.

the agreement is surely voided by the court claim part of it was the car was unroadworthy and the payment judgement was all the payments made.

pers id tell close brothers the car will be scrapped in xxx days if they dont come and get it.

its as if they dont know you won a court claim against them.

let them goto court themselves then

shock coming CB.

and they

On 11/02/2023 at 13:30, Giraffegirl13 said:

By an HP agreement on 30/4/22 with the defendant I bought a car – Kia Sorento,  for £7700.

Within In the first 5 months the car demonstrated defects and is not of satisfactory quality.

Claimant was informed by the supplier that it was her own responsibility.

Being unaware of her rights, she had certain repairs carried out at her own cost.

The vehicle is presently undrivable and is her premises.

The supplier of the car and defendant have both been fully informed and have declined to act refused to take any action.

Claimant seeks full reimbursement of purchase price, repair costs & incurred expenses - £5470.53. Defendant has been notified of storage cost."

and they

Have they paid your judgment against them?  

A finance agreement has no connection to the court claim. Unless you requested it be voided within your particulars and the court has agreed and its stated within the judgment.

They've paid judgment (finally!) but now I'm stuck with a dead car and £7000 outstanding finance!

my understanding from the people that helped me write the claim was that the contract would be voided as well!

@BankFodderis the one that helped me mostly with this and help me write the claim… I don't know what to do now but I'm happy to open another claim against them! I want this sorted

Okay just looked the particulars of claim which simply request a refund of costs and repairs and refund of payments made on the finance agreement...you got a default judgment so in essence the claim was not tested or adjudged....simply rubber stamped.

They have paid the judgment...you have the car unroadworthy...you still have a finance agreement with a balance of £7K ?

To terminate the agreement, (release you from the agreement) you will have to VS the vehicle back to Close Bros...who will intern try to sell it and recoup as much as they can which I assume won't be much given its condition.

If they get 5K for it you in theory will still owe £2K... now it's you decision if you wish to ignore them or if they try to chase you for this balance

but I would hope common sense prevails and they write of the loss and then have a stiff word with the Car Dealer for selling dodgy cars and using Close Bros to finance said dodgy cars.

See if Bankfodder agrees but I note he said we will deal with the finance agreement later (IE after Judgment)

ignore them .

do not VS.

dx

and they

The agreement is still live and not been defaulted ,(as yet)

personally I would VT the agreement ( without knowing the exact figures ,your max liability would be around £1500 of the monies that you won)

and then argue that balance and car condition out with Close Brothers , at least any liability will be capped and your credit file protected

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.