WWW.MOUNTBATTENCARSALES.CO.UK/Close Brothers - Faulty car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK.

Double check the letter and then send it by email and recorded delivery

Lots of spelling and grammatical errors.

Dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

🙃That's my dictation software.... sorry!

I don't think you are justified in cancelling payments at the moment but you should be aware that even if it comes to a point where you might be justified, as soon as you do start cancelling payments the finance company will default you and smash up your credit file and it was simply add another problem to the pile of difficulties which you are already facing.

I'm afraid that it will be better for the moment to keep on paying. It's quite early to have expected a response from the finance company. You only sent your message on Wednesday. I think that I would allow until next Friday.

Also, I'm sorry to say that you shouldn't expect this to be resolved very quickly. You could easily be looking at several months and maybe as long as a year.

I don't think we can advise you as to what you should do about another car. As a decision that you must make. However if you do decide, you should certainly do it on finance because that is how you manage to secure your protections in the event that you have more problems.

You certainly won't know what is happening by next week, or by next month. You can probably expect that if everybody is uncooperative that you will have issued a claimant by next month and as I've already suggested, you are probably looking at at least six months unless the finance company put their hands up.

It is entirely possible that if you issue a claim, then the finance company will realise that they are dealing with a persistent and aggressive customer and they will then cut their losses although there will be an argument about the money you have already laid out.

It will be very important not to show any sign of lack of confidence or weakness on your part

Did you warn close/retailer that you will have to hire a car from xxx date and will be billing them for it until all your money is returned Inc HP payments and paid repairs to date?

If not I would. 

You need to exert and take control as to be frank to date, you have , by your previous actions have not 

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm getting seriously annoyed…

They have now sent this email three times and every time I have responded with the correct details!

"

Thank you for your email and taking the time to contact us. To ensure you receive a prompt response, please ensure you only reply using this email chain going forward. 

Please be advised that we are still unable to locate your agreement with the information you have provided.

We are sorry for the confusion and for the number of emails you have had to send to us.

Kindly advise how this has affected you and if we are to take action on your behalf?

If you are able to, please provide your 10 digit reference number, ending with a suffix.

Once we are able to locate your agreement, we will be happy to help.

"

I can't work out whether they're really stupid or stalling…

stupid...quite usual!!

and they

I think that you will have to arrange an independent inspection of the vehicle.

You will need a report.

This will probably incur a fee and you will claim this back.

Also, the inspection may well be carried out by a garage which will want to remove the vehicle to their premises.

That also will incur a fee and then afterwards the vehicle will have to be returned to you.

I'm afraid that you will have to undertake this outlay but you will be reimbursed.

If you are prepared to do this then you should send a warning note to the finance company.

Dear sir/madam,

You have failed to respond appropriately to my messages concerning the defects in the vehicle which you have supplied to me under a hire purchase agreement reference number x x x.

I am now seeking an independent inspection of the vehicle to obtain a report as a precursor to bringing an action against you for full reimbursement of the cost of the vehicle and also expenses incurred in trying to address some of the problems.

I am writing you this letter simply to put you on notice.

The cost of this inspection will be added to the amount which I will be claiming from you in the court.

Yours faithfully 

Yes. If you can get to report from them then that will be extremely useful. Maybe you could also get a quote for the work needs to be done.

Have you sent the letter which I suggested to the finance company yet?

I have already sent the quote (along with first email) of the work needing to be done for a full engine redo. Will that be enough?

I will edit and send that email above that your kindly drafted now, thanks.

Still nothing via email (they have now told me I've been emailing the wrong department even though it's customer services, so I'll be starting again via email).

But got this letter through, I presume, as a reply to my recorded delivery letter.

had to remove your links

please dont use hosting sites

and you MUST redact you details 

they were unredacted totally.

read our upload guide

one multipage PDF after redacting as .jpg each scan.

dx

and they

thats almost an exact copy of a letter here on another thread whereby i'm sure they wrote everything off and returned all payments.

dx

and they

I have just had the below emailed to me.

First of all, we have not spoken on the phone.

Secondly, (and correct me if I'm wrong), consumer rights is "product not fit for purpose within 6mths", so I do not have to prove it was faulty at purchase?

From what I read online as I have made the complaint, it is up to them to do their own examination to confirm / deny the issue(s), (again please correct me if I am wrong)?

They seem to have totally missed all the other evidence and quotes I have sent them.

"Following on from our previous telephone conversation, in accordance with The Consumer Rights Act (2015), If we are to be in a position to assist you further with the issues faced, we need you to provide us with a report that confirms the issue would have been present when you purchased the vehicle. The report should be from a VAT registered garage, and include the following:

• Be documented on letterheaded paper
  • Include the vehicles current mileage
  • State what the actual issue is
  • Suggest what has caused the issue
  • Provide a statement that clearly suggests that why in their professional opinion, the issue was present when you purchased the vehicle from new
  • List any qualifications the engineer holds

If you could also provide us with evidence of any previous repairs completed to the vehicle it would be appreciated."