Faulty iphone out of 1 year warranty, Appliances Direct say- 'out of our hands'!

Henry1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an iphone from Appliances Direct which went wrong after about 15months. The modem failed.

I contacted them and they said its out of warranty so its nothing to do with them now directing me to Apple.

Apple directed me back to them as they were the retailer.

I repaired the phone with Apple at my own expense (£325) as I needed it and it was the cheapest option against a new new one.

We have exchanged a few letters and I have quoted the longevity of goods act to them and they have offered £180 but I think they should pay it all as its not very old.

That was their final settlement offer, should I pursue the small claims court as there are expenses to take into account aswell around £150 in traveling and time off work because they were so unwilling to help.

Any advice please?

Would I be successful?

Any similar experiences?

Many Thanks

warranties mean nothing and are not worth the paper they are never written on and do not weaken, over write or remove your consumer rights.

you claim will be against the retailer under the consumer rights act 2015 as they ARE fully liable.

you cant really claim for any consequential losses and you really should not have paid to repair this out of your own pocket.

you would need to send a letter of claim 1st to AD giving 14 days to settle for your outlay of the repair .

and launch your claim on day 15 without fail.

type in evri in our search.

the whole process is the same as the many claims against them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...