I was transferred from utility point to EDF in December. - Am I able to be defaulted? EDF Utility Point

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Part of a bigger problem that I will potentially ask about later.

What I need to know before tomorrow and what my options are hopefully

Can EDF issue a default having only informed me by email that this would happen, no post. The deadline is tomorrow.

They believe that I owe them an amount that is in dispute. It and has been for months now. I have asked directly several times on their help channels if they are planning to issue a default still tomorrow if the disputed payment is not made and have had no reply.

It is officially with their complaints department and I have a complaint no. 

I was transferred from utility point to EDF in December.

In March I updated my meter readings and was hit with a 900 or so bill. This will not be correct because I hardly use any gas or electric at all.

I have been in the process of trying to resolve it for months and having been away with the kids for the summer have discovered that when they said that it would be passed to the disputes team there would be no attempt to resolve the issues I raised and instead they have threatened to issue a default,

Thanks In advance.

Sorry for the quick message I am working today and need to know where I stand before tomorrow .

Deadline according to email was 28 days from 8th August.

I have a reminder saying that the deadline is 8 days from 28th August.

Thanks

Jon

• dx100uk changed the title to I was transferred from utility point to EDF in December. - Am I able to be defaulted? EDF Utility Point

depends what they mean by a default

if they mean simply a D marker in your calendar monthly section of your credit file. then only you and them can see it.

ignore their deadline, let them get on with it.

so lets have the full story later please.

you need to send them an SAR ...get all the info.

and stop using phone/text/email.

WRITING only by letter.

regardless to any disputes have you been paying what you think you owe when you think its due

you can argue about what you actually owe in total later.

making some sort of payment, say by bacs transfer is better than simply ignoring and paying nothing at all for months and months.

are you billed monthly/quarterly??

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Here is a screenshot of the email. 

If I will get a default  tomorrow then I will pay the amount they think I owe and chase it for a refund. I thought that due process meant that they have to send everything by letter.

They already have £500 or so extra from me that I dont think that I owe because I had overpaid so much from the previous supplier Utility Point that went bust before this that they took.

I am billed monthly and havent paid anything since March as they already have more money than I think that I owe them.

I will send them an SAR

I will update the bigger picture as soon as I can

Thanks

Jon

Default EDF.pdf

It will only hit your score possibly.

a util. company cant issue a default notice as in section 87 of the consumer credit act (which yes must be sent by letter) as they are not covered by that act.

Hence why its via email. Means nothing really.

Have you been paying them?

When did you last pay?

What is your billing period, quarterly, monthly..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So it will just be a D and shouldnt impact renewing my mortgage etc?

No I havent paid them anything else.

I have been disputing the amount they are asking for several months and had expected to deal with their resolutions team to sort it out.

I am billed monthly I think.

Although it seems that they send me an updated bill every time that I update the meter readings.

I am not there hardly and I often switch off the gas and electric when Im away also.

Having a complaint number from EDF now, as I understand it, if it is not resolved then I can ask for the ombudsman to step in.

They have so much of my money that I am actually expecting a refund from them

no it wont impact a mortgage 

as i said, it wont show other than p'haps dropping your score a bit.

just because you have an on going 'dispute' its never a good idea not to pay something when you should for ongoing monthly use?

you can view everything on your account log in on their website.

and input readings.

as for we'll they'll probably owe me, don't ever rely on it meaning you shouldn't pay for on going usage.

as for the ombudsman...urm. the energy one appear somewhat useless.

i will somewhat guess your route issue is from the auto switch when UP went bust.

1000's of people were ripped off.

and they

Thats a shame about the ombudsman being rubbish 😪

Yes I was transferred in December from UP.

I was with Utility Point for around a year and a half from Summer 2020. I started on a £50 dd which was about twice what my useage was and was told that I had to keep this for 3months. I didnt change it then and had ended up overpaying by about £500 by the time Utility Point transferred to EDF. 

Stupidly I have no meter readings from my time with Utility Point or EDF until March this year. 

Having submitted meter readings in March as Martin Money saving expert told us all to take readings EDF said that there was a bill due for £900 or so. They took the £500 I was in credit and now say that I owe them the additional £569 including usage up to now.

It sounds like EDF are shafting many. Another example of this is when I checked my tariff in March as everyone was talking about the price rise  it appeared  that the tariff I was on was higher than the cap already and had been since January. It was supposed to have been on the most competitive.

I think that even now I am on higher standing charges than the cap 

I live in the house only half the time (every other week) as it is where my kids live. I live somewhere else for the other half of the time. I am also very frugal with energy usage, hardly having the heating on and switching off much of the electric or all of the electric when we are not there,  There must have been a mistake somewhere along the line 

I take meter readings regularly now and this proves that my usage is minimal.

Ideally I will get away from EDF and go with someone like Utilita who have no standing charge but high KW charge for first KW which will work well if I take readings at the correct time.

Thanks for your help

Jon

get the background stuff then.

send the administrators of UP an SAR 

and send one to EDF too.

there were horrendous problems with Tonikenergy and Scottish power but eventually refunds etc came about.

and they

its a legal right

they cannot refuse an sar 

dx

and they

There is a response to your open inquiry:

Good afternoon, thank you for your message.. .

I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing with your bill. I have reopened your complaint and your reference number is. You can view a copy of our complaints handling procedure on our website or, if you prefer, I can send you a copy free of charge. I am aiming to resolve your complaint by  but I will let you know if this changes.. .

I have raised a dispute with Utility Point to have your opening meter readings corrected to run in line with your usage. The opening readings I have proposed are: . electricity. gas. . A revised bill will be issued once the dispute has been resolved but just to set your expectations, this process can take a few weeks.. .

In the meantime, I have placed a hold on the account to prevent any further debt follow up.. . Your tariff was matched to our Standard (Variable) prices when you switched to us. These were our cheapest prices at the time of your switch and remains our cheapest available tariff, though the prices have increased since your switch in line with Ofgem's price cap.. .

Please let me know what information you would like through your Data Subject Access Request and I will be happy to submit this for you.

Please respond if you would like to continue the conversation.

what the sar states all data? :pound:

and they