Bannatyne will not let me cancel - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined Bannatyne gym group in March 22 on a teacher's salary of £36,900.

However, since then circumstances have changed, and I am moving to a role within the school at a salary of £19,600 for 3 months before I relocate to an area which is nowhere near the gym group.

I have emailed them my P60 to show my current salary and my new contract from September the 1st from the school evidencing a £17,300 pay decrease. I have also included my rent, council tax, gas electric bills, phone bills, credit card bill, car payment etc evidence which totals £1200 a month. Surely, they can see I will be on £1400 a month from September which only leaves 200.

However, they have refused this this morning saying it does not show evidence of a decrease?! What on earth am I meant to show??? I literally will not be able to pay them. I do not want to show my bank statements as I have savings and I also think they have no right to see my bank statements.

Please help!

Jen

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I expect people will be along over the course of the day to advise, please bear with us until they're able to get here. You could have a look around the Gyms and Health Clubs forum here, there are plenty of cases where people have got rid of the gym companies.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Next time dont ever give anyone any of that information, they are not entitled to it, this is a flippin gym! Not a judge.

Have you cancelled the dd stopping them getting money since you 1st informed them you are cancelling membership?

Have they taken money since that date?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well I emailed saying in June that my salary was dropping and they replied saying they needed evidence.

I only sent them last week as I was waiting for my new contract through to show them.

That’s when they said it didn’t show a decrease?! It’s 17,300 less than stated on my P60!

As I said I also sent all my outgoings too to evidence outgoings versus salary from sept! They were concerned That my contract didn’t have a letterhead 

Can you actually just cancel a dd?

Won’t I have bills and added interest costs on etc?

Will they chase me for it and send it to collection agencies etc?

gym debt dont appear on credit files

gyms dont do court.

a debt collection agency (DCA) are NOT BAILIFFS

and have 

ZERO legal powers on any debt - no matter what its type.

so you wrote in june stating i will not be able to continue going forward, which is saying you want to cancel.

the std gym industry practice is one month notification to cancel.

you simply tell them you wish to cancel, allow one more membership to be taken then cancel the DD.

if they have had more than that then go get that money back via your bank under you DD guarantee. its not your fault you didnt realise you should have cancelled the DD, you told them you wish to cancel, in june, thats good enough.

no-one can do anything to you, no-one can add anything to any debt through unlawful 'penalty' fees.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi KV,

Please read other threads here to see advice given to other site users about gym m/ships.

The gym has no right to demand sight of personal documents or personal information.

DX is right - after you told the gym your financial circumstances had changed detrimentally, you had only to pay 1 more DD according to our reading of gym m/ship agreements.

If that has been taken already, cancel the DD mandate immediately via your bank.

You don't need the gym's agreement, authority or anything else - just confirm please that you've cancelled the m/ship DD.

If you're in any doubt, ask us here :-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)