Deprivation of liberties / removal of rights

maddyhind
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent news.

I think the hospital authorities need to realise that a DoL order is a serious step and not something to be undertaken lightly. The hospital can only impose an "urgent" (i.e. 7 day) DoL and the clue is in the name - there should be some urgency that makes its imposition necessary. But from your description I cannot see any urgency in imposing one, especially on a Friday afternoon. It wasn't as if your mother was going to up sticks and walk out against medical advice or anything.

It depends how much you want to put into this. I imagine that once Mum is home and settled you may simply want to put it behind you and move on and I wouldn't blame you for that. But depending on their reasoning (which I hope was explained to you and I'd be interested to hear it if they explained it to you) I believe the hospital should be taken to task for this. It has caused an awful lot of unnecessary worry and stress. Let things settle down first though, and get Mum home safely.