Low credit score

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently tried to obtain credit, and was turned down.

Checked credit score with MSE Credit Club and Credit Karma: all three are, naturally, showing different scores. None are very impressive.

MSE Credit club showed me the EXPERIAN report which has omitted my last address. Does this omission affect my score?

I was on a low income until Aug 2020 when I started a new job which (I believe) puts me in the above average salary group. However, I cannot get credit even for a KLARNA account!

I have no CCJs, no bankruptcies but I have an AQUA credit card, on which I owe £2,556.00 (have owed for almost a year now; I do not use the card anymore).

This is the only outstanding account.

CREDIT KARMA and MSE CREDIT CLUB (EXPERIAN) show no defaults against my name, but the failed payments to AQUA do show up.

If I pay off the total amount owed to AQUA, will this raise my credit profile? If so, how long would it take before my score improves?

Or will it suffice if I start making monthly payments towards clearing the debt?

Please can someone advise how I can improve my credit profile, because I have no clue where to start.

EDIT: I cannot log into CLEARSCORE because I have forgotten my password, and they aren't sending me a reset email despite having tried a few times. :(

Edited by bitemarx

2 hours ago, bitemarx said:

I have no CCJs, no bankruptcies but I have an AQUA credit card, on which I owe £2,556.00 (have owed for almost a year now; I do not use the card anymore).

This is the only outstanding account.

Do you mean you have defaulted on your repayments to AQUA?

If so I imagine that would be a reason for your new credit application to be refused.