Residential Management Group RMG instructing Property Debt Collection PDC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having read a previous thread on this type of situation, I am hoping to get confirmation that I am taking the right course of action.

Earlier this year I forgot to pay charges to RMG totalling £195.13, they then instructed Property Debt Collection to act on their behalf in collecting the money adding a further £240 to the bill for their service charge.

Having seen what occurred in a previous thread I was able to pay the £195.13 directly to RMG without going through PDC. I sent the following email to PDC:

To whom it may concern,
The reserve fund and service charge has been paid directly to RMG, could you please liaise with your client to close this case.
Your client has acted unreasonably and inappropriately in instructing a debt collection agency. As such I do not accept liability for any additional cost incurred, over and above the original service charge.
Please acknowledge receipt of this email.
Yours sincerely.
I have received the following:

Thank you for your email 

We can confirm that RMG are in receipt of your payment of £195.33. 

With regards to the additional costs, by virtue of the ownership of the property and under the terms and conditions of the transfer, you are liable for payment of your service charge. It is your responsibility to ensure this is paid on time and you have now incurred additional costs due to your non-payment. These will remain outstanding on your account until paid.

Kind regards

In one of the previous letters from RMG it stated the following:

Should your account still be overdue after 7 days from this letter and we have not heard from you to agree a payment arrangement, we will reluctantly refer your account to a debt collection representative to protect the interests of the development. You will then become responsible for additional charged which may be in excess of £240. This covers land registry searches, admin charges and the fees of the debt collection representative who may pursue arrears via your mortgage lender where appropriate. Costs will continue to escalate should legal proceedings commence.

So firstly are PDC allowed to contact my mortgage lender? "who may pursue arrears via your mortgage lender where appropriate"

Secondly I've seen previously that they are not entitled to charge whatever amount to excessive penalties. Three letters and an email for £240 seems a bit excessive to me!?! There was already a late charge in that £195.33 of around £30 which I think is already generous.

Thirdly as there was no need to instruct a debt collector as we had paid our previous one last year no issue. What power if any does PDC have?

What course of action would I be looking to make next?

Thanks in advance.

Callum

depends on your type of deeds/contract/lease.

if you type in PDC or Property Debt Collection

in our enhanced google search box

you ll see there are numerous threads here on RMG/PDC.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I have to agree that you need to fully read either Deeds/Contract or Lease Agreement on this to see exactly what any Clauses state about
missed payments/arrears.

They will have a process in place and you should have received more that just one letter about these arrears before it was passed to PDC so could you clarify this for us?

Also do your research on this/your RMC and at the same time ask them for a copy of there Arrears Policy

Can you name the RMC?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

as the title stu.

its the usual suspect we always see here on these charges.

quite a few threads here on RMG already.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Residential Management Group RMG instructing Property Debt Collection PDC
  • 2 months later...

Residential Management Group RMG instructing Property Debt Collection PDC - Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues - Consumer Action Group

Hi can you please let us know how it ended?

I have similar issues i missed an email invoice.

It happened first time in 8 years and I am told I received one email reminder on 3rd of August which demanded payment in 7 days.

Now 3 weeks later debt collection letter came through, asking for extra £616 pounds in extra fees which seems extortionate.

Even their reminder email says fees may be in excess of £240 if debt collection agency is used.

There is a huge difference in fees they have added.

Is there anything I can do?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

please create your own thread by hitting create or + in the top red banner

dx

and they