British Gas ( change to their IT system) and account problem warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you manage your British Gas energy bills online or via their mobile APP, you may encounter a few problems.

It appears that BG have moved accounts to a new system, but it has not gone very well !!!

Try to enter your latest meter readings and you will be asked to contact their customer services.  The reason for this is that the last meter readings shown are from a long time ago, therefore their new system thinks there is a problem with the new readings. 

You can still view your old statements, as they have left a link to enter the old system records and the previous statements have meter readings which are more up to date than shown on their new system.  So the programming for the new system has not picked up the latest meter reading data from their old system.

AND worse, it appears that on the new system, the amount outstanding is showing as double the previous original statement amount.  On the old system, the account shows they have nilled the balance and then when they transferred to their new system, it has somehow doubled the amount.  Again seems to be a programming error.

As I knew my account was in deficit, because the direct debit was not high enough, I have increased the DD and made a lump sum payment to bring the account balance down.  For some reason British Gas on their statements were telling me that my previous DD level was for the correct amount, even though they would not have covered the yearly bill amount. 

I can see BG receiving many complaints and their customer service teams not being able to handle the volume of enquiries.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

opps likewise

payments made yesterday have vanished .

shame i've got a screen shot of them showing.

this could be fun.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Fun for the forum not BG. 

I dont know why these companies insist on new systems. If it aint broken dont fix it. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Had an email from BG earlier saying that due to technical problems they have not been able to process my regular monthly DD payment. Then I check my Bank and the regular payment was debited. 

Suggest people keep an eye on what BG are up to, just in case they start collecting too much money from them.  Have seen reports online saying that BG have tried to charge people huge amounts above what was actually due.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Slight update to last post.  BG have now said they sent the email by mistake and there was no problem with May Direct Debit payment.

BUT the account balance is totally wrong. On their new system, they have more than doubled the amount owing. Seems when they transferred balance from old system, they have added the balance twice. Will resolve this with BG once they have dealt with the avalanche of complaints they must currently  be receiving.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - this is the only place I can find current discussion of the mess that BG have made of transferring customers over to this new payment platform.

I am a dual fuel customer with BG (have been for 2yrs+).  They seem to have been able to move over the gas but not the electricity, 

they are now in the process of moving back the electricity - but no one can say how long this will take. 

In the meanwhile, they have cancelled my existing DD and although have 'notionally' set up a new one, they have not collected on the day they said they would. 

Guess who is quickly going to be in arrears - thanks to BG's actions! 

I have never been in arrears before, and always pay for the fuel I use. 

I am now 3+ hours into online/telephone conversations with BG operatives and am getting no.where.fast.

Has anyone else - who finds themselves in this 'transfer' situation got resolution and their account normalised?  (whether on the old platform or Evolve).

TIA O_A

Edited by dx100uk
Spaced

Please start your own topic by hitting create or + in the top red banner.

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...