Sick note but not accepted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick background info, I was agency staff with the company from March 2021 became a full time member of staff Jan 2022 so had to do probation of 6 months again (so still in probation) 

My partner was taken ill start of April but I had holidays so these were used while they were in hospital, discharged but still under a different hospital during to potentially having cancer. 

I have not been to good mentally with it all, so was signed off from April 26th till May 25th, due to being on probation I was told if I did not return to work by 11th May they would potentially terminate my employment, so I was forced back in to work. (They really drive it in that after 14 days sick I would most likely be sacked as on probation ) 

I'm now having a meeting due to taking 5 days sick and either terminating my employment or extending my probation. 

I have never had sick before, done all the overtime, trained new Staff, gone well over targets needed, was assured I would be of probation sooner but now all this which is out of my control is telling me different!! 

Were do I stand with it all, i have a very ill partner and 4 children I'm trying my best to hold it all together but this is not helping. 

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time of it and wish you and your partner the best.

Sadly, poor attendance would be a legal reason for failing probation. 

The employer would be reassured if you could demonstrate you have taken steps to ensure the illness is unlikely to recur (ie talk about your treatment plan, and offer to see occupational health to demonstrate how you are now coping better.) However this should be true; otherwise, a different, less stressful kind of employment may be a better route.

• Like 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!