Insurance for damage to courtesy car provided by Tesla

teslaOwner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have paid in full (March 21st 2022) for a used Tesla from Tesla UK,  but they are unable to deliver it for another couple of months because their service department in Dartford is exceptionally slow and exceptionally unhelpful. They have taken bad customer service to a new level, but that is another story...

After dozens of phone calls over a 6 week period they have finally provided me with a courtesy car, but this comes with only 3rd party insurance. I do not have a policy on the purchased car because it has not been delivered yet, and hence I am not the registered keeper. So if I damage the courtesy car, I would be liable.

I have tried hire cover excess insurance providers such as icarhire.com, but I can't find any that provide courtesy cars.

I have tried calling Direct Line to take out a policy on the courtesy car, but they cannot provide me with a policy because I am not the registered keeper.

What can I do?

Temporary Car Insurance policies such as

WWW.DAYINSURE.COM

Day Insurance and Temp Cover in just 15 minutes. No impact to No Claims Discount on any annual policies. Get your Temporary Car Insurance quote...

WWW.VEYGO.COM

You don't have to be a passenger: Check out our learner driver and temporary car insurance options.

Or go to a Car Insurance brokers and see what they have available

INSURANCE.BIBA.ORG.UK

CiviCRM Contact Distance Search

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread