TFL ULEZ charge fine.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a problem with a ULEZ charge fine from TFL.

Back in October we registered our work vehicle for the ULEZ charge as our vehicle isn’t compliant.

Not a problem I thought.

When we got confirmation that the vehicle had been registered with TFL we applied for auto payment so that we could just travel in and out of the zone without having to keep making individual payments. So far so good. But here’s where we went wrong, we assumed that this was all set up now.

on the 11th of April we had to go to Fulham for work and thought that the money would be debited from my business account automatically. The website said this would be on the 28th of each month. Today, the 23rd we got a fine for non payment with 14 days to pay from the 19th!

We went on the website to try to find out what was happening to find that TFL only set up the auto payment facility for our vehicle on the 12th of April. One day after we travelled up to London.

I think that this is very unfair.

The problem is the my wife didn’t keep any of the emails that she received after setting it all up. I know, I know, foolhardy at best. But I think that TFL are not treating us fairly and I’m not sure how to deal with this really.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

unless she deleted them from the deleted folder on the WEBSITE of your email provider, they should still all be online.

just log in there.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks DX

we can only find the original registration confirmation email.

But it has just occurred to me that for TFL to have set up automatic payment on the 12th, they must have our business account debit card details already. So they set it up the day after we went to London?

Surely there must be some sort of disclosure procedures so that we can see and prove when the automatic payment details were submitted.

That would have been six months before they processed it. Spooky how that happened to be the day after we went there eh?

Worry tends to make the smallest thing throw the largest shadow - Swedish Proverb

You could appeal (well file a statutory declaration I believe) if things don't work out when you ring Monday.

Not sure what form you use but ask Monday 

Ulez is quite new sadly. Not many have had issues here yet.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...