Does a single function allow the ability to reject?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 733 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Simply put - Audi have something called Function on Demand on their newer cars which essentially allows activation of  certain functions/features remotely for a subscription.  The hardware is already there but one may not want to pay the original build costs yet want the function on an as and when basis.

Examples of this could be self-parking where you want it for the days you are in London but not otherwise so you pay a 1 month fee to activate it , Matrix lights and light function pack.

Along with FOD, it also controls the renewing of licences - licences in the UK you get 3 years from the build date.  These include navigation, remote services such as preheat, lock/unlock and emergency services.

With that out of the way, the E-tron (Audi's flagship all-EV car) like all EVs out they depend on the licences to remotely heat/cool the car (as an example).  This is mainly to protect the battery and get a more economical range out of an already uneconomical EV.  (ie cold weather = bad for range so it can be remotely heated).

Also the Emergency panel on the roof console and if you crash are all on the licence form.

These licences are all due to expire in under a week but Audi cannot figure out how to renew them essentially rendering them useless.

There seems to be no urgency at all from them and the risk is aside from the battery conditioning, if the charger was to get stuck, you can't unrelease if the licence has expired.  If the charge itself has stopped, you won't know until its almost too late (say start of a long trip)

Is this enough to start a reject process?

Now along with this, the hardware side such as light function pack has been going on for circa 6 months - Digital blame Audi, Audi blame Digital - no progress at all.  I have finally managed to get Matrix lights working but the rest like the licences refuse to show up in the FOD screen.

The reason I mention this is while the licence renewal is fairly new (But also only because the 3 years is coming to an end now), the hardware side was raised when last June/July when I got the car in question.

Mechanically it is sound but this is starting to like a smartphone without an app store - sure it makes calls but can't do much else!

Interested to hear your thoughts

is the car yours or on finance and which type if it is?

HP, lease etc

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...
On 28/03/2022 at 14:45, dx100uk said:

is the car yours or on finance and which type if it is?

HP, lease etc

Hi dx100uk, 

Just wondering if you had any further insight on this?

(Apologies if there is another post here - I replied earlier today and it vanished on submitting it)

Just as update from the vendors:

Audi UK: Raised a case with them and they closed it stating this is a Audi Digital Services issue and not them

Audi Dealership (Purchased from a Lookers franchise) - Emailed the Head Of Business who has ignored it and passed it onto the aftersales/servicing team who are unable to help thus far as it is a digital services issue

Audi Digital Services - Still going back and forth with screenshot after screenshot as they have a max timelimit of 7 days before the screenshots expire.  Great when they take 2-4 days to reply meaning they only have 3 days before the screenshots expire again.

I have no made 0 progress on this and no idea how to proceed any further.

So far licence-wise.

Audi Connect which I use a Audi Connect card and/or my phone to lock/unlock the car etc is expired and unsable

Audi Navigation and Infortainment which has a whole host of functionality is also expired

meaning at the very least, the bolded functions below are dead:

• Amazon Alexa integration 
• Online points of interest 

• Online news 
• On-street parking 
• Weather information 
• Highly detailed 3D city display 
• e-tron route planner 
• Hazard information 
• Online search for navigation destinations 
• Online traffic information 
• Online voice input 
• Navigation with Google satellite map

The car is still within the used approved warranty from the Audi dealership but was raised when the car was within the first 3 year initial warranty Audi provide (Car is a 2019)

Is there scope to raise this as a mis-sold case?  At the very least, Audi Connect is a functionality listed as the car having as an additional / over-the-standard specification but the Navigation and Infotainment licence is core to the MMI system.

As for the other licence which is the Light Function Pack - this also does not show up in the FOD screen along with the lack of licences.

Thanks in advance

thank you for the PM.

if you purchased your car from lookers - they are your target under the consumer rights act 2015.

when did you buy it?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

6 hours ago, dx100uk said:

thank you for the PM.

if you purchased your car from lookers - they are your target under the consumer rights act 2015.

when did you buy it?

dx

Thanks for your reply - 

I gathered it would be Lookers as Audi essentially hides behind the franchises like most/all brands I guess?

Purchased June 2021 - the most recent issue with the licences however would not have broken until the original 3 year licence expired which was in April.  Reason I make this point is I would not have been able to raise anything within the first day/days/weeks/or even months because it only expired last month.

Hi,

Quick update, Digital Services have their answer and that is to use another country essentially to purchase the licences:

We kindly wish to inform you that, after having your case further analyzed by our technical department, you are kindly requested to retry the license extension though a different European market.
Therefore, please access the myAudi App, log out of your account, click on the globe icon in the top left corner, and choose a different flag.

Noting the fact the only country that works is Germany, is this acceptable?

I think so.

Dx

and they