Scam phone calls Virgin Media complaints procedure

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Getting rather annoyed with Virgin Media

Use their internet for speed and reliability due to conference calling. With that package have a landline phone that I never use.
Last month had to change that number as being plagued by scammers based in India. Only had this new number a month and it is starting again.
The only logical explanation is that Virgin has outsourced its customer services to an Indian call centre. Somebody there is selling active Virgin phone numbers to these scammers from the inside.

Just made an official complaint. Transferred to a Virgin call centre in South Africa from India.
The impression being they are not taking the issue seriously and have now been Cut OFF three times once I insisted on recording an official complaint

The question is:

How do I make this official complaint and have it recorded as a complaint?

Comment

Your suspicion that someone in Virgin in India is selling Virgin phone numbers is not the only logical explanation.

That may be happening but it's just as likely that the scammer call centres there use auto diallers that simply work their way through all possible UK phone  numbers and pass the call to a human being only if they detect the number being answered.

• Like 1

The call I had yesterday said they were from Virgin media doing a systems check with a heavy Indian accent.

Realised it was a scam when it became obvious he was reading off a script. He asked how many lights were on with my router.

happens to everyone.....irrespective of who your IP is.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Pure coincidence...next week he will say he from Sky/VF/Plusnet :roll:

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You're wasting your time complaining to VM, they are as much of a victim as you are.

Register with TPS, buy a phone that blocks numbers that are withheld and uses a database like HIYA (will need to be an IP phone for that) to identify scam calls and if you answer one of these calls learn some basic insults in the appropriate language - I did that and it's fun listening to them implode.

Get a truecall box

best £100 i ever spent 17yrs ago.

if you dont use the landline...why are you answering it then!?!?

Unplug the phone...eh?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you don't use the landline, I can't be the only one thinking you could just unplug it and throw it in a cupboard? You don't need it in order for your internet to work, so why keep something plugged in that's driving you so mad?

Edit: Sorry @dx100uk I missed you suggesting the same thing before I hit 'Post'

Edited by theberengersniper
  • Like 1

How about credit companies like you to have a landline as it shows stability, or how about an emergency secondary contact number?

People really do need to think out of the box before making snide remarks

Edited by whitelist

they are not a credit company..

they dont sell numbers..

6 calls today from a fake canary islands number, there is another resurgence of these type of calls after the closedown of many faker call centres in the last few months.

a quick look on whocallsme using the number is always worthy.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, whitelist said:

How about credit companies like you to have a landline as it shows stability, or how about an emergency secondary contact number?

Yes it does add to your credit check list having a landline...as you say stability and credit worth checks....but you can still unplug it:roll:

• I agree 1

Virgin Media are well known for using India call centres, so are a few other ISPs

WWW.CHOOSE.CO.UK

Many UK broadband providers offer customer service direct from UK call centres. Find out which ISPs offer UK-based customer service and which...

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

On 24/03/2022 at 11:09, Ethel Street said:

Your suspicion that someone in Virgin in India is selling Virgin phone numbers is not the only logical explanation.

That may be happening but it's just as likely that the scammer call centres there use auto diallers that simply work their way through all possible UK phone  numbers and pass the call to a human being only if they detect the number being answered.

and that people change numbers for a reason ... and they are allocated to others requesting numbers ...

as Andyorch says - just disconnect it

,, or if you are mischievous .. have an old modem tone ready on your mobile as i do ...

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

On 25/03/2022 at 10:19, whitelist said:

You can unplug your phone at home and the network provider has no idea whether it's plugged in or not these days. It's not like 40 years ago when the phone had a capacitor in it and you could test that from the exchange or anywhere from the D side of the exchange or local cabinet towards the subscriber's premises.

That capacitor resides in your LJU (the line box you plug your phone into) which is hard wired to your connection to the PSTN (usually a drop wire off a pole or an underground cable).

Which is why many older phones dont ring at all on an incoming call if plugged into  the telephone connector on a VM cable modem.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres