IDRWW threats for oversees credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been receiving letters from IDR for long time relating to a credit card debt in the UAE from 2014.

The letters and threats are now intensifying with threats of legal action and asking me to get into touch. I have ignored these letters for a couple of years but am now really worried as the interest on these credit cards has meant what I owed has sky rocketed along with the threat of legal costs means I will not be able to afford to pay back. 

Should I make contact to try and negotiate what I pay back? Or should I continue to ignore?

Thanks in advance.

plenty to read here 

just type in idrww

id not do anything till you ever get a letter of claim etc.

though if you have moved around , make sure the ORIGINAL BANK has your correct and current address.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Because they are the only ones..the debt owner..  that can instigate anything.

idrww are only a Debt collection agency come solicitors who work for the client..the bank. They dont buy debts.

so you must, as with any debt, uk/uae anywhere, always keep the debt owner advised of your correct address in writing only.

that way you want suffer backdoor ccj etc at an old address you know nothing about till its too late!!

pers id read a good few 10's of like threads and get upto speed.. Bottom line is never run from debt in this digital age. But never forget a dca is not a BAILIFF and has ZERO legal powers on any debt..no matter what its type..

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...