Lego wont issue me a refund for a return

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought an item from Lego back in November and after a bit of time decided I didnt want to keep it (due to price - £699.99) and initiated the 90 days return. They sent me out a return label, asked me to box it up and drop it at my local DPD drop off. I left it with my local DPD depot on 10/01 and heard nothing more, nor did it update online. At the end of January I contacted Lego CS and they confirmed it had been shown as received and would be dealt with soon. I contacted again today (23/02) as I still hadnt had my refund, to be told that when warehouse inspected the boxes (I sent 2 items back in seperate boxes), one (the freebie) was received but the other box containing the £700 item was empty, so they can't issue a refund. I queried what to do and they have suggested I would need to contact DPD or my bank.

Im pretty sure this should be for them to deal with not me and that was seconded by DPD as Lego are the account holder, but they are refusing to do anything. I have no idea at this stage what to do? Thanks for any help.

I bought an item from Lego back in November and after a bit of time decided I didnt want to keep it (due to price - £699.99) and initiated the 90 days return.

They sent me out a return label, asked me to box it up and drop it at my local DPD drop off.

I left it with my local DPD depot on 10/01 and heard nothing more, nor did it update online.

At the end of January I contacted Lego CS and they confirmed it had been shown as received and would be dealt with soon.

I contacted again today (23/02) as I still hadnt had my refund, to be told that when warehouse inspected the boxes (I sent 2 items back in seperate boxes), one (the freebie) was received but the other box containing the £700 item was empty, so they can't issue a refund.

I queried what to do and they have suggested I would need to contact DPD or my bank.

Im pretty sure this should be for them to deal with not me and that was seconded by DPD as Lego are the account holder, but they are refusing to do anything. I have no idea at this stage what to do? Thanks for any help.

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

I would be complaining to DPD and have them investigate this, also claim from DPD if they can't confirm and prove both items were delivered.

You had a contract with DPD to deliver the items, it would appear that they didn't?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Do you have details as to the weight of the parcel that you sent – and if the one they received was empty then they would be quite a discrepancy in the weight. Find out this information.

I see that I have just crossposted with another character who has suggested that you should complain and came from DPD.

I disagree.

You follow the instructions of the supplier. You used the supplier's return label and so it is their problem.

Find out the weight of the box that you sent. Complain to the supplier and ask them to tell you the weight of the box that they received.

If they give you the weight of an empty box or if they don't reply or if they say they are unable to tell you, then I think you will have to begin a process against them.

Don't forget that you will eventually have to satisfy a judge that what you are saying is more likely than not. However it seems here that the supplier is making a pretty serious allegation against you – that you are in effect attempting to defraud them by sending an empty box and then claiming for the price of a full one.

Of course it is probably somebody within DPD who has nicked the contents – but that is a problem for the Lego supplier not for you.

Start writing your letter of complaint. Post a draft here if you want and we can have a look. Keep us updated

• I agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Boo said:

I would be complaining to DPD and have them investigate this, also claim from DPD if they can't confirm and prove both items were delivered.

You had a contract with DPD to deliver the items, it would appear that they didn't?

Thanks, Im trying to contact DPD now for some help, I have a friend that works for them and he suggested Lego has the contract with DPD so it should be up to them to claim, but in the meantime he is contacting their International to see if they can get an image of it travelling through the network. Lego are suggesting it should have been weighed when dropped off, but the DPD depot just take the box over a counter.

Your friend is correct

27 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Do you have details as to the weight of the parcel that you sent – and if the one they received was empty then they would be quite a discrepancy in the weight. Find out this information.

I see that I have just crossposted with another character who has suggested that you should complain and came from DPD.

I disagree.

You follow the instructions of the supplier. You used the supplier's return label and so it is their problem.

Find out the weight of the box that you sent. Complain to the supplier and ask them to tell you the weight of the box that they received.

If they give you the weight of an empty box or if they don't reply or if they say they are unable to tell you, then I think you will have to begin a process against them.

Don't forget that you will eventually have to satisfy a judge that what you are saying is more likely than not. However it seems here that the supplier is making a pretty serious allegation against you – that you are in effect attempting to defraud them by sending an empty box and then claiming for the price of a full one.

Of course it is probably somebody within DPD who has nicked the contents – but that is a problem for the Lego supplier not for you.

Start writing your letter of complaint. Post a draft here if you want and we can have a look. Keep us updated

Thank you for the response. I cant get the exact weight unfortunately but could get something approximate, its around 11kg so not light!! They didnt confirm weight upon receipt just that it was empty when checked.

I will contact Lego again to confirm DPD's stance in regards who is responsible for the shipment and any such claim and see what their latest line is. Unfortunately DPD didnt weigh the item when they took it from me and cant find any weights from it moving along their conveyors. Also their camera footage only last 3 weeks so there will be no evidence of me struggling while lifting it!

Had hoped the process would have ben a bit more straightforward, particularly given the size of Lego but alas.

On a separate note, it was bought via my CC, is it worth contacting them?

When I said you should find out the weight I meant that you should find independent evidence of the weight and I had expected it to have been weighed in when you drop it off.
If you don't have that then of course it is a complicating factor.

It's going to be very much your word against theirs and I think more and more it is going to have to go to the County Court and then you are going to have to persuade a judge that it is unlikely that you would commit fraud and that in fact the item has been stolen on its way back to the seller.

Lesson for the future – and that is make sure that you take photographs and get proper weights which are verified by the collection point or the delivery point in future.

Yeah, I wish id brought it to a delivery point now rather than the DPD depot as it seems they don't weigh the items when they take them (or at least this depot doesnt). I can only hope at this stage then that the item weight is tracked at some point across the network prior to delivery.

Il attempt a letter of complaint first to see if that affords me any joy but im fearing this one may be conspiring against me!