style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

I had had a problem of blocked sink pipes that had been going on since May,2021.I reprted the problem to the housing association ,and the housing association assigned the job to their favourite contractering company that kept on trying to sort the blocked sink pipes problem every time but the problem kept coming .Finally ,the problem was  only sorted  aweek ago.

I email the housing association(contracting company) and asked for a financial compensation that £25 per week  cost of washing and drying the family cloths at the laundry because we could not use the washing machine because the sink pipes were blocked or washing our dishes.The contracting company refused to consider my claim and asking for bank statements or receipts to prove that I spent money on washing my cloths in the laundry.As you may be aware that we only  use coins to wash and dry our cloths at the laundry NOT BANK CARDS.

Kind regards

Topic moved to the appropriate sub forum

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Who is the HA?

IMHO I don't think you stand any chance of demanding £25 a week off them.

Was this issue of the blocked pipes only in your property, or are you in a block of flats?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

1 hour ago, Bazooka Boo said:

Who is the HA?

IMHO I don't think you stand any chance of demanding £25 a week off them.

Was this issue of the blocked pipes only in your property, or are you in a block of flats?

Hi ,

The blockage problem was only in my flat.

Unless a pipe had failed/collapsed then it will have been down to what had been put down the sink, cooking oil, fat, food etc.

The HA, which is? won't be liable IMHO so no luck trying to claim compo off them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

I have to agree with the above.

It was the Housing Association that Employed the service of said Contractor so the Housing Association are responsible for the actions of their Contractors they employ to carry out work on their behalf so you should have dealt with the Housing Association not the Contractor.

As for the Compensation of £25 per week I doubt very much you can claim this unless you can actually prove it was the Housing Association fault as mention i.e. a pipe had failed/collapsed.

On the other hand if you do continue with this claim and the Housing Association have evidence from the Contractor that the blockage was due to a build up of cooking oil fat, food etc. they could hold you responsible and recharge you for their costs, this is me airing caution that you need to be aware of. 

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group