Received a ticket for being in a bus lane - St Marks Rise E8.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a penalty charge notice in the post for 34 being in a bus lane in St Marks Rise E8.

At first I was very confused as there has never been a bus lane there. I remember stopping at the bus stop to drop off my disabled passenger and had stopped for about 2 mins. I had also picked her up a few hours earlier at the same bus stop but I’ve only received 1 ticket so far.

I looked on goggle maps it’s say it is actually a bus stop.

After some goggling I saw there are some bus stops are restricted which I never knew. I just thought it was only the ones in the bus lane.

I looked on google maps again and there is sign that say ‘No stopping at anytime expect buses’ but there is no way for drivers to see that sign. That evening it was getting dark and raining. The sign is obstructed by the bus shelter. I don’t think is fair and thinking about appeal it. Need some advise

thanks 

Edited by dx100uk
formatting/spacing only - no issue

• dx100uk changed the title to Received a ticket for being in a bus lane - St Marks Rise E8.

Nearly all bus stops in Lomdon are restricted (denoted by a single thick yellow line)  However the pcn is for the wrong contravention. It should have been: 47 Stopped on a restricted bus stop or stand

Appeal on the basis that the contravention did not occur. There is no bus lane at this location. Whilst you accept that you had unwittingly stopped at a bus stop, that is not the contravention that is alleged  and therefore the pcn must be cancelled

Edited by Michael Browne