Oneplus phone not received

Argyll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a mobile phone from Oneplus last month. A couple of weeks later I was alerted by Royal Mail the parcel had been delivered even though I wasn't at home. They said they had left the parcel in my recycling box beside my front door. They had a photo of this. However when I returned home the parcel wasn't there.

I contacted Oneplus who dragged their heels over this so I had to raise a complaint with PayPal. Oneplus refuse to communicate through PayPal and keep emailing me directly but I'm copying their emails and posting it up on the PayPal resolution section so they know what OnePlus are saying.

Oneplus are telling me I need to report the matter to the police and I need to send them a photo of my government ID in order for them to progress my complaint.

I'm reluctant to do so as I didn't take receipt of the goods they weren't in my possession therefore I think OnePlus should report the matter not me. Secondly why do they need a photo of my Government ID? I'm wary of this for privacy concerns.

I'm wary of dealing with these Chinese companies as they've been sneaky before. 

Opinions appreciated. 

Edited by Argyll

Did you nominate a safe space for delivery of the item or you post. I say that as now it seems that delivery companys are using safe spaces as delivered. 

Tho you could argue if you did not nominate then it was not left with your permission or at your risk. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

No safe space was nominated. I thought as it was a phone it would be left at the Post Office not left in a recycling box. 

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

They may not have known it was a phone. Also they want a copy of your government id. We dont have government id. 

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

I raised a complaint with PayPal which they rejected as Oneplus provided them with details saying the item was delivered. Of course the item wasn't delivered as it was left outside in my recycling box and gone when I returned home later that evening.

I've raised a complaint with PayPal which they haven't responded to. I intend to take it to the Financial Ombudsman but I think I need to wait 6 weeks (can someone confirm).

OnePlus stated the government ID can be my driving licence. I can't see how this would help. As i said I'm wary about sending them my driving licence. Why do they need this?