EON Take me to court say I my responsible for bill.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am posting this for my daughter-in-law.

She wrote all of this.

1. I left the flat in 2008, the supplier was Scottish power, I sorted the bills with them
2. The flat is shared ownership with xxxxxx, it failed to sell because of the shared ownership lease and I surrendered the keys in Jan 2017.
3. I have never asked eon to supply the flat and it was not needed as it was an empty property.
4. I was made bankrupt in 2017, the flat was included
5. Eon started sending me bills in my maiden name several years ago. I have repeatedly told them the above details but they simply ignore me and write and telephone daily.
6. They lodged a case with court last year which I defended, they withdrew their case.
7. They set up an account for me without my permission backdated to 2017 following their failed court case
8. I emailed them disputing this and again they ignored me and continued to harass me daily by telephone and in writing. Wanting access to the meters to take a meter reading etc. I have asked them to contact shared owner xxxxxxx, but they have ignored this.
9. I do not understand why they are still supplying this empty property when I have expressively said that I am not responsible for bills and they don’t have anyone else
10. I received another court letter and was several days late in lodging my defense due to covid  so I have been asked to pay £1095.99
11. If I ask a solicitor to defend can I claim expenses from eon when I win.

Hope you can advise.

Thanks

Edited by Loadedok

Apply to set aside the CCJ which may be free, if you can claim fee exemption;

WWW.GOV.UK

What to do if you receive a county court judgment (CCJ) - how to get it set aside or change what you pay, what happens if you do not pay, how to...

Hopefully there are documents available to confirm the date when the ownership of the property transferred to the mortgage company/shared ownership company.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

so they have judgement then?

are you still named on the deeds??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, please will you post up the first claim form and the defence – the one which resulted in them withdrawing the case.

Please will you post up the latest claim form and your defence.

All of this in PDF format.

Send an SAR to SSE and also to Eon. You should get this away this weekend. Use our template. Keep it general – don't change the template very much simply add details to make it specific to your identity.

Please confirm when this has been done