Vanquis Defaulted

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I need some advice please.

Over the past 18mths I've been fighting a battle with Vanquis over Charges on the account.

They defaulted me in Nov 2019 for a balance of £280 made-up of charges (of which I actually paid to clear and is now marked as Default Satisfied)

I obtained SAR from them to challenge all the charges on the account and noted ROP was charged.

Queried this with themselves and they agreed to refund all charges for this + 8%.

However, on certain statements I was charged Overlimit fee after this was applied. They have also agreed to refund these +8%

This comes to a nice sum of £875, but more interestingly as my account would not have been in default due to this refund they are contacting the CRAs to remove the default flags.

My question is, should there be any kind of award to myself for them to negatively reporting on my credit file for 18mths.

This has meant the only form of credit I could get when the boiler went was a high interest loan via Everyday Loans (recently cleared via insurance refund)

yes they should , it could be a long fight, just type in durkin and read.

but the bottom line is if their mistake prevented you from getting a fair int rate/deal on say a loan , they should be held responsible.

financial compensation.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...