Windows Remote Desktop Spying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a bit of advice, a friend of ours has asked me to look at their computer as they think their neighbour has been spying on her via the Remote Desktop option.

The neighbour asked to use her computer a little while ago as theirs was being repaired etc and ever since funny things have been happening.

If I go and find they have installed something to keep tabs on her is this a criminal offence and should I advise her to report it?

yes it would be a criminal offence against the computer misuse act.

if you find something then come back here

2 hours ago, just_jue said:

...and ever since funny things have been happening.

Some sort of malware/virus could also be the cause of that. The neighbour might have been careless with security or the timing could be coincidental. Either way do a full security scan as well. 

very much doubt it

4 hours ago, just_jue said:

their neighbour has been spying on her via the Remote Desktop option.

go into devices, it will tell you what active apps are using things like say the camera. if thats whats she's worried about.

if the remote was active say to control the pc generally it would be Very obv, as the screen etc would do things like look at files and open programs whilst no-one is toughing it , via RT you cant hide that.

i would suspect as ES points too....their pc broke...virus installation...the same has now been done to hers.

run 360 anti virus 

360 Total Security: Free Antivirus Protection | Virus Scan & Removal for Windows, Mac and Android

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...