HMRC asking for rebate back - Fast Tax Rebates Ltd scam again

Mickla
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting Posts, I am a Debt Advisor with Citizens Advice and I have recently been contacted by someone who was told by a friend to contact Fast Tax Rebates and claim for 'his uniform and the laundry of it' as he had done it and got money back.

Similar to others on here they promised him money, got access to his Government Gateway, had photocopies of his Full Passport and got him to apply for a UTR (never been self employed works in telesales).

He then received £1900 from FTR,and has now received a demand from HMRC for nearly £8000.  He never knew anything about EIS and cannot get hold of FTR for love nor money

Our client wasn't aware of any EIS and does not know which one was put on but I have asked him for any further docs he may have.

Our advice would be pretty much as you have explained previously on others in reporting this has a scam to action fraud an lodging a claim against the company and speaking to HMRC to advise of his situation and ask for time to pay, but similarly to one of the other posts (Dixon) I think, he's local paper would be Blackpool Gazette, so I think the 'referrer friend' could be the same person

• Like 1

Thank you.

I expect you've seen the response from Action Fraud to a couple of people here, it's disappointing.

Part of the problem, as you've spotted, is that Alan O'Hara and the new director of FTR Ltd seem to have gone to ground. It's a long shot but if there was something in the press, it might bring out more information.

I know that the CAB is a conduit to Trading Standards - is this something they would get involved in, do you know?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It Certainly would be Honey Bee and we will be referring him to out Consumer Group to advise him further and they will most likely forward details onto Trading Standards

Hi Mickla,

We're discussing here, behind the scenes, what to advise our site users about going back to Action Fraud to complain that they're failing to take proper action. I think their reply to 2 of our users was pathetic and they've clearly failed to see the bigger picture.

Please let us know of any progress with Trading Standards.

Tell your client to send a SAR and be prepared to challenge HMRC if they don't make a full disclosure, as per other threads here.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mickla,

I know you represent someone else but here's a copy of what I just posted on another thread here dealing with FTR's tax scam.

Things are moving quickly now. Please read the posts here over the last few days - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/439099-information-on-fast-tax-rebates-ltd-and-the-eis-scam/

Can you answer the 2 sets of Q's asked at posts#7 and #14.

Also, do you have a copy saved of any text msg or email that you had from FTR confirming what documents and info they wanted from you.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)