Returned non TKMaxx items at TKMaxx

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I know I was stupid to do things like this, but just wanna know what will happen as I am now worried sick and feel so guilty everyday.

I bought something from TKMaxx, then I returned something else I bought from other store by swapping the label. I did not get caught on the sence, no question asked and received the full refund.

Then I read about threads that TKMaxx did track down similar refund frauds after the shopper left the store by cctv and payment details. Now I am not dare to shop or even visit that TKMaxx again and I am so scared that I will get caught in the end. Will I just get contact by police all of a sudden? or will I get lots of RLP letters in my mailbox?

Would it be possible to “fix it” by going to the store again and actually buy the items I returned? (assume the staff did not realise the fraud and the items were on the shelf)

I really don't know what to do now. I don't even know why I did this. I was in so much stressed as my partner is considering a divoice and we have very young child. (i probably need a threapist instead)

anyways, thank you in advance. hopefully someone could share their experiences.

they don't track down anyone over single stupid mistakes only  the large gangs.

wherever you read that is wrong and scaremonguring. 

forget about it... don't do it again

go enjoy you life.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk, hopefully you are right. I did go back to the store again and could not find what I returned, guess they have discovered the fraud. anyways, fingercrossed they wont try to track me down. I feel so silly now and realised I was so wrong.

well if you read in this forum not elsewhere you'll realise ...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, distressed.bee said:

Thanks dx100uk, hopefully you are right. I did go back to the store again and could not find what I returned, guess they have discovered the fraud. anyways, fingercrossed they wont try to track me down. I feel so silly now and realised I was so wrong.

An important thing to take away from this is that you felt so bad about it and this means that your instincts are basically honest.

I'd like to make two suggestions:

• firstly I suggest that you think very hard about why you did this. He very said that your relationship is under stress and you got a young child. You fully suggested that maybe you need a therapist. I would suggest that you can see your GP immediately and have a talk. I think you will feel a lot better about this and I think it's important to get this on record. You'll be surprised to discover that GPs have a lot of people with this kind of issue coming to see them. It's a good way to open the door to some help – even if it means that you end up talking to somebody for two or three sessions to understand a little bit more about how it all happened.
  • The second thing I suggest is may be far more difficult. I suggest that you find a good friend and tell them all about it. If you got somebody in your life that you trust where there's a parent or best friend, I think it would probably be very helpful if you went and sat down with them and tell them all about it and what went through your mind.  
    If they are a decent friend, they will be supportive. They might be surprised – or even shocked – but you won't be letting them down. They will realise that maybe there's an issue and that you need a sympathetic ear.
    That's what friends are for

I think both of these above suggestions will help you feel a lot better and make it much more unlikely that you will give way to a stress situation and end up doing this again.
To forget you got the interests of your young child to think of and that child will want to have a mother that sets an example and which it can respect.