United utilities default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I moved out of  a rental property In late February /early March2020 and had no further access due to the lock down and although I got final bills from gas and electric supplier I didnt get one from untied utilities for the water supply.

In november 2020 I received a paper bill from UU at my new address and paid it within 2 weeks 

I didnt receive any bills by email but I in July I did  get a couple of texts which at the time I assumed were scam or phishing texts so I ignored them

In December I checked my credit file and found that I was defaulted for £120 in August I didnt get any default notice or other notification

Apart from this my Credit file is excellent after 10 years of fighting for my financial survival

This blip on my credit report is causing me problems all of my credit cards loans and mortgages are upto date with no late or missed payments and have been for many years

UU will not remove the default despite me showing them that I had given notice to the letting agents and telling them that I had spoken to their call centre  giving details of my move 

I dont have records of my phone bill at the time so cant prove that I had notified them

The gas and electric have been changed over no problem

Is there anything I can do to force or encourage  them to remove it??

Only me again