Israel/Gaza - UK Politicians reponse to current situation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

More balanced, hopeful?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/17/opinion/israel-arabs-jews-citizens.html?action=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

oops - that vast oversimplification should have read WWI of course duhhh

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

The U.S.’s diplomatic outreach to Palestinians

Antony Blinken, the U.S. secretary of state, on Tuesday promised the Palestinian government $112 million in aid and a reopened consulate in Jerusalem, both part of a broad pledge to rebuild ties that had been severed by the previous administration in favor of Israel.

But doing so risks angering Israel, the most reliable U.S. ally in the Middle East, whose leaders are already anxious about the Biden administration’s attempts to rejoin a nuclear agreement with Iran. Israel has long opposed and worked to undermine a deal.

-NYT

Interesting that:

* Israel is the US's 'most reliable U.S. ally in the Middle East' - not Turkey, not Kurds - who could have been if the US didn't repeatedly betray them.

* The US has promised about the price of just one of the UK/US supplied Israeli jets that has been bombing Gaza in aide to Palestine.

- Israel, reliable - LOL - as long as its in Israeli interests perhaps. Makes you wonder what is being agreed behind the scenes.

Also interesting that Palestinian 'leaders' interviewed are still clearly stating Israel does not have the right to exist. But then again:

'Ben-Gurion told the twentieth Zionist Congress, "The Jewish state now being offered to us is not the Zionist objective. [...] But it can serve as a decisive stage along the path to greater Zionist implementation. It will consolidate in Palestine, within the shortest possible time, the real Jewish force, which will lead us to our historic goal".[30] In a discussion in the Jewish Agency he said that he wanted a Jewish-Arab agreement "on the assumption that after we become a strong force, as a result of the creation of the state, we shall abolish partition and expand to the whole of Palestine."[31]'

- wikipedia

Have added a separate thread for anything related to Boris Johnson Prime Minister.  Think it is going to be a popular thread ;)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

7 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Have added a separate thread for anything related to Boris Johnson Prime Minister.  Think it is going to be a popular thread ;)

No it won't, it will just be the same two whingers saying the same old thing.

54 minutes ago, Conniff said:

That made me chuckle :)

I find politicians from all parties in the UK a bit underwhelming.  

If it were down to me, I would change the UK political system, so that it was not dominated by two  parties.

Back to the thread topic, I see Israel appears to be going through a period of change.  Hope this leads to a more peaceful situation.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

5 hours ago, Conniff said:

Just come to whine CON?

or ready to show a little humanity and condemn the holocaust and its deniers?

.. maybe even add a little compassion for Palestinians?

That Brexit pig will fly first eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

• 2 months later...

Has Con, or either of you come to clarify that holocaust deniers are racist lying **** as bad as self serving, morally vacuous liar Johnson, let alone Corbyn.

Without that simple clear condemnation of bigoted lying holocaust deniers, and holocaust denial itself, which seems to me a simple matter for anyone with even a tattered shred of remaining morals, I'm afraid I cant consider any such seemingly lie supporting bigoted persons opinions as worth the electrons they waste.

Edited by tobyjugg2

and you CON, still haven't issued even a simple condemnation of holocaust denial

On 23/05/2021 at 11:11, tobyjugg2 said:

Are you actually supporting Israel CON ? - and there was me thought you were a holocaust denier

Please clarify you acknowledge the reality of and monstrous inhumanity and criminality of the holocaust.

Still waiting for a simple condemnation of holocaust denial and holcaust deniers from you @CONniff

Edited by tobyjugg2