SSE Energy disconnected meter of Bulb customer. Bulb refused to help priority customer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok. Would I be looking at claiming the increase in electric costs from bulb or from SSE separately to the goodwill gesture? Bulb also seem to have charged me for gas over the period. I emailed but they've gone back to the usual response of ignoring me. They are the worst energy company I've ever dealt with.

Edited by elamani

You say that you have been offered £2000. That's fantastic and I'd love to know how you managed it – but yes you should accept it.
It is pretty well what I had estimated it might be worth at the beginning – before I realised my legal error that you wouldn't be up to claim for this kind of money at all.

I am still convinced that if it went to court you wouldn't be able to get this kind of award – if anything.

You should certainly accept it before the offer goes away. Accept it in writing as quickly as possible because I don't think you will do better.
When you accept the offer you could gently ask them how long it might take to process the payment.

I'd be very curious to know what you did to persuade them to increase their offer so dramatically.

Once you have accepted the offer and you are sure that it's in the bank then we have to turn our attention to Bulb.

The first thing to caution you is that you should not discuss your dealings with SSE with Bulb. You should not disclose any of the communications you have had with them and you should certainly not disclose the payment. It's none of Bulb's business and if they knew, then they would probably try to use this to reduce any payment that they might make to you.

The payment from SSE is being made as a gesture of goodwill and not as a settlement of any claim. As long as you don't actually mislead Bulb by telling them that you haven't received anything, if they ask you any questions then you should simply not reply or if pushed simply tell them that your communications with SSE are none of their business.

Have you sent the SAR to Bulb?

The point made by my site team colleague @stu007 about you being registered as a priority customer is excellent – I had never thought about it – and this will be a very important factor.

Have you sent them the SAR?

• BankFodder changed the title to SSE Energy disconnected meter of Bulb customer. Bulb refused to help priority customer