Stopped by police for Redlight jump No Nip

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, this is first time happened with me so i m not aure how it works

i been stopped by unmarked police car and they informed me that i jumped red light. I answered politely to officer i m not aware of that I believe i crossed it on amber. Officer asked for my license which i produced on roadside, police officer asked me to produce insurance certificate which i did straight way…

after checking some details on their system told me again that we have stopped you because you jumped redlight and you must have read in theory test it dangerous to run red light, i replied politely again that i m not aware of it. After that officer didn’t said anything and handed me over license and i drove off..

i was reading online police normally give verbal NIP On or fine on spot or should I expect anything in post ....cos officer didn’t mentioned anything about fine or points in whole conversation Or i m just lucky to get away from it. 

i m really nervous and don’t know what ill happen next.. 

if anyone can advise it would be appreciated 

NiP within 14 days if it is going anywhere.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NiP within 14 days if it is going anywhere.

It would be unusual for an officer to stop a motorist for a straightforward transgression and not warn him at the time that action was being contemplated unless he really had no intention of reporting the matter.

The greater likelihood is that either the officer simply wanted to administer a "ticking off" (and even then he might issue a verbal NIP just to give the driver a bit of "worry time") or the OP was warned but didn't appreciate that he had been. There is no set form of words for a verbal NIP. All that is required is that the driver must be aware that a prosecution is under consideration. There is no point in an officer stopping a motorist for an alleged offence and not issuing a verbal warning if he has intentions of taking action. 

So, malik, were you told anything that might constitute a warning? Were you told that "anything you say may be given in evidence...etc? There is no need for the officer to mention a fine or points. He does not make the decision what action will be taken. That's done in the "back office" where they decide whether the offence is suitable for the offer of a course or fixed penalty or whether it will be dealt with in court.

Thanks for your detail response,

my car was registered in Cambridge and incident happened in london, he asked i did told him i comes london quote often , he laughed and said probably cos of good food.

He didn’t said anything you say maybe given in evidence etc After that he said you know you jumped redlight and u must have read in theory test you should slow down as approaching to signal, i did politely said yeh i know tht but this time i didn’t realised and after that he just handed over my license and we both left…he told me it’s dangerous to pass junction like this…

On 10/05/2021 at 22:52, Man in the middle said:

Sounds like you passed the "attitude test" then. Hopefully you should be OK.

Thanks will wait few days and update if anything comes up

On 10/05/2021 at 17:30, Malikqwert said:

... I answered politely to officer i m not aware of that I believe i crossed it on amber. ...

If that's what you told him you did well to pass the attitude test - or maybe he'd just had a really busy day and didn't want more paperwork...

Edited by Manxman in exile