Warranty Expired -

sean110869
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an electric shower that has broken down on six separate occasions

the manufacturer has repaired i,t sometimes replacing the unit, some times with parts,

the warranty expired in 2019 but the manufacturer repaired unit as a good will gesture as I pointed out the numerous issues.

It has now broken down again and I would like to get the manufacturer out to repair it but do not see why I should pay given the history,

any thoughts? 

I think we need more detail about what you bought, when you bought it, price paid, and a chronology of breakdowns.

Not too much narrative please.

Please keep it all well spaced and punctuated

Given the history bin it and get a replacement.

This unit is clearly faulty from the outset, if you have the repairs documented then IMHO I'd be seeking a complete new unit or full refund and buy elsewhere.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, firstly, thank you for replying,

Unit is a Mira Electrical Shower

First time company came out was in 2014, again in 2015, 2016, 17 with their final visit out of the warranty which ran out in 2019.

Each time their engineers came out they told us they had replaced a valve in the unit or the whole unit with the last engineer who did the out of warranty repair replacing the whole unit.

Their stance in 2019 was they did not warranty replacement parts which is why they would not come out under their warranty but then said would do it as a goodwill gesture,

a replacement unit would be six hundred pounds plus fitting with a five year warranty but given the shenanigans of the last few years do not really want to shell out to replace a unit that had failed me on so many occasions.