Nationwide Pay Up!

Kevin Davis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having sent the first letter to Nationwide asking for a refund, I was sent a standard letter. I then sent the second letter allowing them 14 day to refund all charges before I started the court claim. They didn't reply to the second so I went ahead with money claim online.

I got confirmation of the case hearing date and two days later a letter from Nationwide saying they still wouldn't refund the charges as 'it would be unfair to other customers'. I presumed this was a reply to the second letter I sent them which was only a month late! They did say that my complaint had been sent to the financial ombudsman who would make a decision in 8 weeks and let me know the outcome.

Two days later I went to check my balance not expecting to see that Nationwide had refunded over £3700 in charges made over a 4 year period.

Not sure how the communications work in Nationwide but I got the result I wanted. I still haven't got any communication from them saying that it was them who put the money there - but I don't mind waiting for that ...

Hope this gives some hope to those still fighting their case. Good luck!

• Confused 1

Brilliant result, well done for seeing it through.

I'm sure this will give others a great lift too.

Don't forget to update the litigation section for the site, send the details to a moderator - and if you feel like helping the site to grow, a gift of book tokens for the team will not go amiss!

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

well done!...same happened to me a week or so back...and still ive recieved nothing in the post....i dont think they want to admit that theyve lost...just hope it goes away un noticed.....although ive recieved a defence in the post from the courts yesterday saying they wish to defend the claim as they have refunded all of my charges.....but are not going to refund the interest and court costs...but they already have anyway .albeit a week after the charges refund...so ive cancelled the court claim...its over with them ..untill they charge me again anyway...

I just remebered something from way back, - I think it was the Gas Board, or Bristol Gas Co, - the comment (roughly remembered) 'as a large company, like any large slow moving animal, we are probably more afraid of you than you are of us'

Hmmm

Nevertheless, like any large slow moving animal, they have inflicted huge damage while we trusted them to look after our money during our battle with the outside world.

As far as I am concerned they have made a unilateral decision to use vast quantities of my money to conduct their declared business of lending money for profit.

Now I want it back !

Crunch day gets a bit nearer.

Fingernails get shorter.

All stages up to small claims application completed, parachute working AOK, watch this space.

They torpedoed my six month+ project last year by yanking away the (overdraft) carpet at the worst possible moment, so I got around to analyse the last six years statements. Oh boy ! SOMETHING HAD TO BE DONE !

Say a prayer for me, and I will do the same for all you out there.

What was it that Nationwide said about themselves some time back ? Something like 'We treat your money as if it was or own'

It could not have been those exact words, or I would have twigged earlier.

Anything but the 'Listening Bank'

Once upon a time I used to be in awe of the power of my Bank Manager. Problem solver and big stick wielder.

Now all I see is a keyboard tapper who can only echo the 'NO' programmed into the branch computer.

It's about time they made my day.

Hey Ho

Would you complete the survey (if you haven't already)?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 6 months later...

Hi Jellyfrog,

Best advice I can give you is to spend a few days reading through the FAQ's and other threads on this site. It's brilliant. It will take you some time and it may seem a bit long winded but it's well worth the effort.

I've just issued my Moneyclaim against Nationwide and I'm waiting for their response and hopefully my money.

Persevere and see it through and you WILL get your money back

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks