'Qs Supplies'. Faulty tap, no repair, no replacement, no refund!

Fedup85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a bathroom tap for £125 from online company, 'QS SUPPLIES', in May 2020. It was duly fitted and all was fine until December 2020 when the top lever came away from the base of the tap rendering it useless. I immediately contacted QS SUPPLIES using their online complaints procedure and submitted a photo, as required.

When after a few days I had heard nothing from them I called their CUSTOMER SERVICES team and was told that they were waiting for a response from the manufacturer, a company called 'SANEUX', I pointed out that my contract was not with the manufacturer and that I expected QS SUPPLIES to deal with my complaint. I was then advised to email them again, which I did...twice....

when they finally responded to my second email they asked me to send another photo of the faulty tap. This time, their response was that their TECHNICAL TEAM had looked at the photo and decided that the tap, "APPEARED TO BE FORCED" and therefore they would be  "UNABLE TO OFFER A REFUND ON THIS OCCASION".  

After  7 months of use and at a cost of £125, this company, on the strength of one slightly grainy photo have decided I am entitled to nothing. I have applied to be reimbursed by my credit card company under Section 75 but I am still determined to attempt to get QS SUPPLIES to take responsibility and would really appreciate any advice about the best way to go about this.  

under the consumer rights act 2015 outside of 6mts it upto you to get a professional report done at your cost to prove how and why the unit has gone faulty.

you then contact the retailer in writing with the report giving them one chance to repair the faulty item & refund your report cost .

should they not comply , then you can raise a county court claim under the small claims route.

you purchased this via a credit card so the card company under section 75are equally responsible 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...