Paypal, Hermes and now Moorcroft

robingetz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has been selling unwanted items, mostly clothes, for a couple of years now with no problems until recently. 

She sold to someone in Germany before Christmas, which was claimed never got there, so obviously paypal refunded the buyer, no questions, despite her never having any problems before now, which left a negative balance.  She sent it using Hermes, something I have only just realised was a big mistake.  She has proof of postage given to her when the package was collected, although the reference number is now not recognised by Hermes, so getting in touch with them to find out what happened to her parcel is impossible (as many social media platforms have confirmed this).

the outcome is that while we were trying to get in touch with Hermes, paypal have, very quickly, passed this on to Moorcroft who are now hassling her.  I have told her not to worry about Moorcroft as everyone knows how these people operate, I have reassured her that there will be no visit to the door from anyone.

The only concern she has is whether it will affect her credit file, as she has worked hard to get a good credit rating over the last 4 years and doesn't want something like this to destroy it.  My thought is that it can't as it is not credit, and she hasn't gained financially in any way, quite the opposite really, so it can't have any negative impact on her credit file?  She is prepared to give Moorcrost the money just to get it sorted, but I don't want her to be hasty in giving them people anything.

I've looked at a few posts similar to this and my understanding is that this is correct but just need reassurance to pass on to her.

Thank you

she ignores moorcroft totally

a negative PP balance cant appear on her credit file.

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, you should start a claim against Hermes. Post your story on the Hermes sub- forum. Give us a full breakdown – including dates and value et cetera.

We will help you get your money back

• Like 1