Need to send item back to Amazon following account closure - what to do?

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all:

• Ordered a thermal camera from Amazon four weeks ago, cost about £250
  • 3 weeks ago camera started turning off intermittently.
  • 2 weeks ago Amazon cancelled my Prime membership and won't correspond regarding returning any items.

What can I do now, please?

You say four weeks ago. Does that mean more than 30 days or less and 30 days?

And have you given them any notice of the faults at all?

Dear think it might be a good idea to start organising your attachments and paperwork so that you keep them somewhere where you can find them easily?

6 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

And have you given them any notice of the faults at all?

I have emailed their customer accounts dept but nothing back as yet.

Dear think it might be a good idea to start organising your attachments and paperwork so that you keep them somewhere where you can find them easily?
My only paperwork here is the amazon confirmation order - didn't save it as didn't think anything might go wrong.

10 minutes ago, craigten said:

My only paperwork here is the amazon confirmation order - didn't save it as didn't think anything might go wrong.

That is precisely why one hangs onto paperwork – in case something goes wrong.

You might as well say that you didn't bother to look before you cross the road because you didn't think you'd be run over.

Anyway, I think it is about time that you wrote a letter to Amazon. Inform them about the problem and refer to the unanswered emails that you have sent on X X day and X X date. Tell them that you have tried to assert your right to reject the camera within 30 days and that you now consider that they are in breach of their obligations under the consumer rights act 2015.

I suggest that you send them this letter. In 10 days time, send the letter of claim.

Given how easy is to store documents on a hard drive – so they weigh nothing and take no space at all I think you need to review your retention policy/practice. Start looking at it in terms of the inconvenience that you are having to go through because you don't retain records at least for short period of time.

• Haha 1