Capquest have appeared again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2011 I went through an awful divorce , I ended up being made bankrupt,  i opened an account with nationwide at the time they were the only people other than the PO who would allow you an account, as a bankrupt  I was not allowed credit of more than £500 by anyone and not allowed an overdraft of any kind.

I was given two cards both blue one that my salary was paid into and a savings account card, at that time I could not afford to live let alone save , anyway I bought something for £49  , at that time bank statements were every three months, somehow the bank had let me use the savings card which had no money and no overdraft facility, they were now charging me around £50 a month for an unorthorised overdraft, I buried my head in the sand as some people do.

Last year capquest wrote to me to say they had bought the account , I wrote back asking them to provide me with a copy of the  agreement  when I opened the account which would have stated no overdraft facility, I used the proper letter giving them the rime period to reply,  anyway they wrote back saying that the account had been placed on hold whilst they looked into it.

In Sept 2020 clear score informed me the account had been removed from my credit score as 6 yrs had elapsed,  today I have had a letter from capquest which says Nationwide were unable to provide a copy of my account but that they had included a copy of the default notice ,from Nationwide  this is dated 21st August 2014.

I can post copies of the letters if it helps , what should be my next move please , the amount they are after is £409.99

Thanks 

Edited by westonadam
Spelling errir

Well the default notice is apparently more than six years old. If you haven't paid any money in or acknowledge the debt there any time or take any other action to keep the account live, then it is statute barred.

If that is the case then write them and tell them that even on the evidence of the default notice which they have produced, the account is statute barred and they should leave you alone.

Did you pay any sum of money to them after that default date?

If that's a no, then just ignore them. It's Capquest's MO to go after Statute Barred debts. I assure you from experience that it's safe to ignore in that situation. 

If you did pay them, then you will need to find out the exact date of that payment. If it's less than 6 years ago then it will not be Statute barred.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I would be interested to see this Default Notice......given its a current account...which are exempt from the CCA1974 except for part V

Andy 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes ...but in the meantime if you could scan redact and upload a copy of the purported default notice...as it may be of interest to other users having similar problems with Nationwide.

Andy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Definitely do as Andy says but I have Capquest still sending me rubbish 2 years after it being Statute Barred. I’m saving the statute barred letter just in case they are stupid enough to send me a PAP letter before action.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks...although I had to unapprove your posts as they are not redacted with your name and account number showing.

Also thats not the default notice.....it states at the bottom ...enclo (1) Default Notice.

Click the word > upload here .....PDF format please.