John Lewis trying to blame me for TV fault **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I’m in Ringwood - about a 20 min drive from Southampton.

I was led to believe Les Preston are a TV engineers who collected and delivered the TV and fixed it themselves. They aren’t a courier company. I agree it was not packaged properly. The plug was wound round itself but not secured but not trailing. At no point was the plug mentioned to my partner and the TV did not go down on the plug. In fact had this happened you would see an indent of one to three prongs on the screen and this is not visible - just a very small indentation hard to see without the TV on but enough to cause significant damage.

Sadly I will invest more money and take this as far as it needs to go. We are not being blamed for something we are absolutely sure we haven’t done.

Sonny Hughes must work for JL - not that he has spoken to me about the case.  What I also find hard to believe is that the TV has never been examined since my complaint. Les Preston hasn’t been to see the damage and neither has John Lewis. They are working off two photos I sent them on the day I discovered it. The Tv is still hanging on my wall in the same place it was the minute we discovered the damage. At some point I’m going to have to move it.

Thank you for your support.

Could you take a photograph please of the way that the plug was wound round. I think it will help us to understand.

The TV is plugged in and on the wall in the same position as when we found the damage. My partner has recreated how the plug was secured with another similar plug and lead length - see attached photo.

IMG_1684.JPG

Is the lead hardwired into the TV or does it plug-in using a spectacle plug or something?

Hi we have just double checked and it’s wired into the TV and doesn’t look like it can be removed. I would like to think this is why they didn’t package it separately, but still, some foam or protective wrapping around the plug and the screen would have been the professional and sensible approach to delivery.

Edited by Smith1976

And in the Way it is coiled up as in your photograph, is it long enough to be hung over the front of the screen?

The earth pin on a UK plug is longer than the Live & neutral. So could still be the cause of the damage. For that to happen the Tv would either have to be lying down or upright with the plug draped over the tv with the plug pins facing the screen, with no protection. Have you any pictures of the damage..

It is possible while it was coiled it was hung over or under the TV - the connection is towards the base of the rear and the slight indent is on the other side in more or less the same position.

As it’s towards the base, if it was transported upright then it could have been tucked under the TV? Or if transported upside down then yes it could have had the plug dangling slightly over on the other side??

I have attached photos of the damage with the screen off and on. Please note it is extremely difficult to see the damage when switched off. There would be hardly anyway of seeing the damage without turning the TV on so the driver just wouldn’t have known he had caused this damage.

Had we been allowed the sign off the repair we would have been able to turn the screen on and see the damage instantly.

IMG_1303(1).JPG

IMG_0853.jpg

Please could you post a picture of the lead draped over the TV with the plug in the position of the damage

Hi here is the lead hanging fully from the TV. I doubt it was draped over the top as there wouldn’t be enough length with the lead coiled (unless it was coiled by the driver after transport and before it was helped in by my partner and brought in the house).

It seems possible and adds up that it was possibly coiled during transport which makes the length absolutely the right length to mark the front of the Tv if this was bunched up and placed at the bottom in front of the screen - see photo. 

The driver wouldn’t have seen any noticeable damage to be fair to the screen, but he would have had he switched the screen on and taken a closer look to the screen before departing. It clearly doesn’t take much to damage the screen.

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

Does the screen have a stand? Or would it have been simply placed on the floor of the van on its base?

Okay. I don't think there's anything more to say now. Let us know when you get the DQ

When eventually it comes to the time to start thinking of witness statements, you might like to use the attached file as your basis

John Lewis TV.docx

WOW. Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

It is only point 24 which I may need to alter - there was no comment made as to a dangling plug by the driver. But had there been, clearly it would have not been ignored.

Thank you so much. I will keep an eye on events and let you know what happens next as events unfold.

There is still some time before you will need this document so keep an eye on it. Make sure that you have checked it thoroughly – including for typos because sometimes my dictation software has a mind of its own.

At the end of the day you are the one who is going to have to sign it off as a statement of truth. You may feel that there are things you want to add as you start to reflect on it.

In terms of the references to the dangling plug. I was certain that somewhere here you told us that it had been pointed out to your husband that the plug was there.

Maybe you could go over the post in this thread and clear that up

Thanks. I will check it over and let you know before I submit anything.

No, the driver never pointed out a dangling plug - although that is the story being provided to JL by the driver/repair team.

Thanks again for all the work you guys are putting in. I will be certainly making a donation. This is such a useful site 👍🏻 

I would suspect the coiled plug was hung over the top of the screen during transport and whacked it in transit.

Your video

Have you got the rest where its taken from the van?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

7 hours ago, Smith1976 said:

Thanks. I will check it over and let you know before I submit anything.

No, the driver never pointed out a dangling plug - although that is the story being provided to JL by the driver/repair team.

Thanks again for all the work you guys are putting in. I will be certainly making a donation. This is such a useful site 👍🏻 

You are a long way away before submitting any witness statements so don't even stop thinking about it yet. We will need to see the final version before it goes.

If it was they who pointed out the dangling plug then that is excellent. Please could you post up again what they said and when it was said.

And wait until you get results before you think about donating

Hello can I ask a quick question on the Money Claims service. I regularly check the online site to make sure I’m not missing any requests and today it says this (see attachment) stating I should request a CCJ?? It’s as though they haven’t responded to the court 🤔 

833D1307-E985-4763-B58D-2A907A85C521.png

Then you should apply for this CCJ immediately. Don't hang around – and you shouldn't even take time asking us.
Let us know when you've done it

• Thanks 1

Well I don't understand what has happened. Apparently they filed a defence and you are now being invited to apply for judgement.

If I were you I would go ahead and apply the judgement straightaway and see what happens.

Well I don't understand what's happened if they filed a defence – unless they simply sent it to you and not sent it to the court.

Anyway, see if you can get the judgement and then let them sort the mess out later on