Asda say they have refunded me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hoping for some help or advice re asda.

On Saturday 15th August I had to cancel/refuse a delivery at the door.

On 7th Sept the status of the order changed to "delivered" and I had 2 amounts of £97.84 deducted from my bank balance as pending.

I called Asda who refunded £97.84, this deleted one amount.

I have still been charged £97.84 for a delivery but Asda are saying it has been refunded and to contact my bank.

This is their response

"Hi there, thank you for your patience with this. I have spoken with our payments team this morning who have confirmed they have refunded the charge on this order. Sometimes when an order is placed, two transactions do appear on your statement; one pending and one charge, but only one of them actually affects your balance. Our payments team have confirmed they have refunded the one charge present on our system and therefore have refunded you the £97.84. I appreciate that you sent through a picture showing this charge on your statement, but that is one to query with your bank directly as we have refunded the charges that we authorised on your order and therefore the charge affecting your balance. Thanks, Jake."

My bank say they can see the refund but this does not show up on my statement and I am still out of pocket 97.84.

After sending my bank statement showing the charge and no refund they emailed back today....

"On the order for the amount of 97.84 there is only one amount taken out which you were charged for and which was then subsequently refunded, I cannot see a second amount."
Please send in any bank statement which clearly shows two amounts taken.

I have replied stating my statement does not show any refund. But will only show 1 amount. 

Could someone please advise my next step please. 

Welcome to the Forum.

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum ...High Street and On-line Stores Forums please continue to post here to your topic.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Your story is not entirely clear.

You ordered some items from Asda.

Presumably this is when you paid the £97.84
When they attempted to deliver them, you refused the delivery – but you don't say why.

Now the part that is not at all clear.

I'm guessing that they should have refunded you the £97.84 p instead they deducted the money a second time. Is this correct?

They then eventually refunded you one payment but they don't seem to have realised that they have deducted it twice and they haven't refunded you the second payment.

Is this correct?

Your bank statement shows the refund and shows an outstanding sum. Is this correct?

Does your bank statement showing the original two deductions?

Oops ... Sorry its not clear....
In August I arranged with Asda a home delivery, during lock down, for  my son who was sheilding. He lives in kettering but I accidentally put my address as the delivery address. I realised my mistake and called Asda helpline who said it was too late to cancel the delivery and I should refuse the delivery at the door, which I did. And the status of the order was "cancelled"

2 weeks later the status of the order on line changed to "delivered", at this point I was charged for the non delivery.
My on line bank account showed 2 amounts of 97.84 as pending. I called Asda helpline and they said sometimes it shows as 2 amounts pending on my account but only 1 amount will be charged, and I should wait 7 days for the amounts to "fall off" after 7 days the amounts were still pending and I called the helpline again, they authorised a refund. This deleted one amount of 97.84 and the other amount was taken out of my account.
So far :-
* 2 amounts of 97.84 were pending but I did not take a screen shot of this and I only have evidence of 1 amount on my bank statement. 
1 has been charged to my bank
Can you please help me to resolve this issue?

In August I arranged with Asda a home delivery, during lock down, for  my son who was sheilding. He lives in kettering but I accidentally put my address as the delivery address. I realised my mistake and called Asda helpline who said it was too late to cancel the delivery and I should refuse the delivery at the door, which I did. And the status of the order was "cancelled"

2 weeks later the status of the order on line changed to "delivered", at this point I was charged for the non delivery.
My on line bank account showed 2 amounts of 97.84 as pending. I called Asda helpline and they said sometimes it shows as 2 amounts pending on my account but only 1 amount will be charged, and I should wait 7 days for the amounts to "fall off" after 7 days the amounts were still pending and I called the helpline again, they authorised a refund. This deleted one amount of 97.84 and the other amount was taken out of my account.

2 amounts were pending
1 has been charged to my bank
Asda say they have refunded the money but there is no refund in my account
Barclays say they can see the refund but this will not show up on my account (this i do not understand)

All I know is that i am still owed 97.84 by Asda.

Asda say they have refunded the money but there is no refund in my account
Barclays say they can see the refund but this will not show up on my account (this i do not understand)

All I know is that i am still owed 97.84 by Asda and this shows on my bank statement which I have sent them. They say they have refunded the money but this has not come through to my account, nor is on any statement. 

hope this is a little clearer.