Sofology - Fit for Purpose?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a leather settee and chair from Sofology in August. 6 weeks later we noticed that the leather was discoloured and flaking in the seat area. 

We reported this, they sent a technician out who said it wasn’t a product issue and that it was potentially caused by us sitting in jeans. 

I have spoke to customer services today who have also suggested that jeans could be the cause of the issue. They have ‘kindly’ offered to replace the seat panel as a ‘good will gesture’. 

I am now concerned that this issue will simply reoccur within months unless I ban people from wearing jeans when sitting on the sofa which isn’t realistic. Do I have a case for the product not being fit for purpose? 

Of course it's absurd to say that a sofa can't be used if you are  wearing jeans. Are you meant to take them off and sit there in the buff? All sounds very sociable.

If you look around this forum you will find lots of threads about Sofology and their rotten attitudes when their products develop defects.

Under the consumer rights act you are entitled to reject a product if it develops a serious defect within the first six months although you are obliged to give them an opportunity to carry out a single repair. If that repair fails then you can reject the product.

In order to set this train of events going you must write to sofology – recorded delivery but you can send an email as well – requiring them to put the matter right and that if they fail to do so or if a repair fails then you will be rejecting the sofa out of hand and you will require a full refund and for them to make arrangements to take it away.

Start taking  lots of photographs.

I suppose that you have had phone calls with them and you haven't recorded your calls. Big fail. You've been here since 2012 and you should know better. Read our customer services guide and increment the advice there. If you get any visits from them then make sure you record the conversation using a telephone recording app. Don't make it obvious that you are recording them.

If Sofology give you trouble – and I expect they will – then let us know about it. If they offer you deals or alternatives then don't necessarily accept immediately. Think about it and come here and discuss it if you want.

. By the way, I notice that you have purchased a sofa and chair. Presumably these are matching in some way and so that means that if you reject the sofa, you are entitled to reject everything.