MIL collections Shell Energy Collections letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter today 07/07/2020 from a collection agency (MIL collections) for an outstanding debt of £215.00 which they claim was owed back in 2016.

I have never had an account with Shell Energy and presume that they are claiming in the capacity of the former company they took over from First Utilty?  I did have an account with first FU in 2016 however I have documentary evidence proving that I paid in full and final settlement.

My question is 

1. Are they still allowed to chase after 4 years?

2. Is it legal if they are now a different company ?

3. what should I do next if anything?  I have contacted MIL collections (Truro Cornwall) informing them of this to which they seemed very uninterested and tried to pass the buck.

Any comments or suggestions gratefully received. 

Thank You

• Andyorch changed the title to MIL collections Shell Energy Collections letter

I dont know if this will help, i got one of these a couple of weeks ago. After some tracing I found it was originally from a supplier. They were guilty of not supplying bills or records of usage to their customers for months on end, as a result many underpaid. It was in the press.

Many of us told them to sod off when they sent "made up bills" for this period, and expected a lump sum to make their figures balance.

The FOS stepped in and wrote the majority off, but some fell through the gaps in their paperwork, which it seemed still existed.

I sent a letter indicating the reason I would not be paying,

I have heard nothing since. Perhaps I will now.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

mil collections are a powerless dca that don't buy debts but simply chase for their stated client.

a DCA is not a BAILIFF 

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt no matter what it's type.

who did you make the F&F settlement too?

and is this on your credit file at all.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Didn't answer you query. They can pursue if they have either purchased the "debt" from the previous owner or are collecting on behalf of the owner for six years since the original debt was invoiced and not paid. That would be he full debt not instalments thereof. If you have made a payment or otherwise acknowledged the debt after the invoice/demand, it is six years from them receiving that payment

So you could try to ignore for a couple more years then they will stop. I have issues with the way they treated customers back then, and dont like ignoring "debt". 

Edited by Peterbard
other

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

is this on your credit file at all.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

MIL got a thrashing at court 3 years ago when they sued people they had no authority to claim against so they wont wat to be repeating that mistake.

Now the credito must show that you owe the money so ignore MIL and wait for Shell energy to contact you and the ask for a full account from the day you joined FU until the last date they say you ow money for and also do a SAR at the same time.

Until then, sit on your hands

• Haha 1