Frustrating call to Uber

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have just got off the phone from 2 very frustrating calls with Uber customer services.

I have to go to London today from SE3 and take my wife to hospital for an eye injection as she has wet eye macular degeneration syndrome which requires (wait for it and not for the squeemish) injections into her eyes - both of them. Going by public transport is not a favourable option so we considered taking a cab.

I called uber to find out if the quote on their app which was for £19.25 would have any further charges added to it given there are congestion charges being reapplied by County Hall going into London from today. I had called our local cab service and they wanted £41 which covers and includes the congestion charge. Before the Lockdown congestion charges were suspended and for the same journey it was £23 each way, but today congestion charges are being charged again so it was a reasonable request to ask Uber what the actual cost would finally be (+/- a few £ for variations in the time taken), but the Customer services people kept relating back to a journey we took a month ago to the same place when Congestion charges were lifted. So....

Does any person on here have any idea of exactly what Uber will add to the £19.25 charge they are quoting for their ride to London on their app if I travelled between 14.00hrs and 15.00 hrs today?

Cheers