Garden Buildings Direct - Missold?

eoghan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1496 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping to find out what my rights are regarding a purchase of a child's wooden playhouse.

On the website of Garden Buildings Direct I bought a Billy Oh Playhouse for my daughter to play in the garden, this was something that she had been saving up for since before Xmas, my wife and I put the final £200 towards a £500 playhouse plus £50 for delivery. The website claimed it would be delivered within 5 -7 working days and despite the early lockdown back in March I was ok with it being a little late. The playhouse finally arrived almost 4 weeks later and I received an email with a kit list attached so that I could check the delivery on arrival. There was no apology for the late delivery.

Finally the bits arrived and I checked them off the list and all was ok - at least on face value. I proceeded to move everything into the back garden and lay it out as per the instruction booklet and noticed there was no roof. So I double checked everything and sure enough the roof wasn't on the parts list I was sent. I rang the helpline and eventually the customer services agent was able to also confirm that the roof wasn't on the list - again no apology - she conceded that because it was Good Friday, the delivery of the roof wouldn't arrive until the following Friday, I obviously wasn't happy about this but conceded these are unusual times. I was also to receive an email confirming the delivery of the missing roof. No email arrived. I wrote an email to their info@ which is the only email they have on their site and got no response. I then wrote a rather disparaging feedback report on Trust Pilot and within 24 hours had a CS agent asking me to confirm my order number etc and they would look into it. No reply from them. I was eventually able to finally login into my customer area on the website and lodged a missing item request on their website. After 48 hours received a response confirming that the piece was missing after a bit of back and forth. Received an email yesterday telling me they have now ordered the missing roof from their warehouse and the item will be delivered in due course - no expected date and still no offer of a refund of any sort for the massive inconvenience this has caused. My 5 year old is devastated.

So, where do I stand? Can I issue a small claim for a full refund? Or do I just have to suck it up that despite paying an extra £50 for delivery, it was late and substantial parts were not only missing from the delivery but from the actual order?

Thanks in advance.

You ordered on line so distance selling regs apply (Consumer Contracts Regs) and you can reject the purchase without reason and request a full refund.

Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. 

If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 day period runs from when you get the last of the batch.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

From experience I can say this is about standard for garden buildings direct

We had a log cabin summerhouse and shed from them about 3 years ago

The sheds main roof beam was supposed to 1 8ft beam - we got 2 4ft ones and had to attach them together 

The summerhouse ended up missing a short (7 inch x 4inch) panel which took phoning on a daily basis and finally pointing out I worked about a mile from their base and would stop in if needed to get sent

The tar paper tore like wet tissue paper and needed replacing 

I will admit to looking at using them again however simply because the shed is fine, there has been issues with the summerhouse but for what we paid it was worth it in the end

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: