Derbyshire County Council, PCN - Wrong Location on ticket **Cancelled**.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, I would say it was. Do you have any evidence?

I think you should be very assertive about it and simply say that you were not at the location cited in the ticket or at the time that you are alleged to have been there.

Which parking company are you dealing with?

By the way, others who are far more knowledgeable than me in this area will be along to give you more definitive advice.

• Thanks 1

Who is the council or company that issued the ticket

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, wrong location is fatal for council pcn's.

The CEO will have taken pics, which should be available to view on the council's website.

Write to the council:

PCN No:XXXX

I challenge the above PCN on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

The PCN alleges that my vehicle  was parked on AAAA Street, whereas my vehicle was parked on BBBB Street as can be ascertained by the councils own photographic evidence.

Therefore the alleged contravention did not occur and I look forward to confirmation that the PCN has been cancelled.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, appreciate the response.

The council that issued the ticket is Derbyshire County Council,

I was parked on Chapel St, Newtown, New Mills.

The ticket issued says I was parked on Chapel St, Whaley Bridge, which is located 10 minutes from where I was parked. 

Will I still have a case to challenge, even though the street name was the same?

Many thanks 

Yes, wrong location is wrong location.

When the CEO starts to enter the  name on his PDA, it will give a list of possible streets to choose from and he inadvertently clicked on the wrong one.

The council cannot re-issue a corrected pcn, but keep te pcn safe just in case they try

Edited by Michael Browne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To hammer the point home to these people with a functionary mentality – it might be a good idea also to send them a photograph of the alleged parking place and the actual parking place. The information may be useful later on if they are too stupid to drop it and decide to go to court.

By the way, is your car registered to your correct address or have you moved or anything recently.

• Thanks 1

I don’t have any evidence, I was parked outside a gym which I have to sign into and I did so at 9am and the gym will have cameras of that, the parking ticket was issued at 9:41am on a Sunday.

I can’t seem to find the photos the CEO will have taken on the councils website, not sure how I would go about doing so.

I have written out on the “informal challenge form” basically what Michael Browne on this thread said, should I add anything else after that?

Or will that be enough?

Many thanks.

@Michael BrowneHi, many thanks this is great. Can I just ask how can I view the photos the CEO will have taken? It’s Derbyshire county council, but can’t find out how to view them through their website?

You're right Derbyshire doesn't seem to make them available on-line, unlike the vast majority of councils.

Doesn't make any difference to your challenge.

In addition to pics , the CEO's notebook will show what roads he was patrolling and at what time, so they only need to look at these to realise he wasn't aywhere near Whalley Bridge.

• Like 1

PCN No:XXXX

I challenge the above PCN on the grounds that the contravention did not occur.

The PCN alleges that my vehicle  was parked on Chapel St, Whaley Bridge, whereas my vehicle was parked on Chapel St, Newtown, New Mills Street whilst I attended the New Bodies Gym.

This  can be verified by referring to the councils own photographic evidence and the CEO's notes

Therefore the alleged contravention did not occur and I look forward to confirmation that the PCN has been cancelled.

Edited by Michael Browne

glad we could help

please consider a donation to keep us here for everyone

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Derbyshire County Council, PCN - Wrong Location on ticket **Cancelled**.