style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello 
I got caught stealing the other day by a security guard he got me once I left the shop and I’m shoppin centre

he took me into a room and made me write my name address and date of birth on a piece of plain white paper.

And told me I was banned verbally for 12 months for me to sign nothing saying that I understood and that I would get a fine through the door even though they got everything back and could still sell on 

then had the shopping centre security guards come in and they got me to sign a letter to sign that I was banned for centre for 3 months and they would keep my details for 3 months.

I’m worried about the fine that will come through as I have no money to my name and worried that it’s gonna be a lot of money ??

And can you just be banned by just being verbally told thank you in advice x x x

it is not a fine

you didn't get fined at all.

what will happen is you'll get scary letters from a company called RLP which you totally ignore

legally there is nothing they can do to you.

I notice English is not your 1st language

so just to stop the worry.

it CANNOT harm your visa if you have one

it cant harm you credit file.

it cannot goto court

the police cannot be involved

it cant harm your employment.

best idea is to forget it ever happen but STOP stealing!!.

there isn't really anything the shopping centre can do other than escourt you out the centre should they spot you again.

but it might be an idea not keep a low profile for a while in there.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

I was caught shop lifting I was told to expecting a fine through the door as they asked for my details I was wondering does anyone know how long I could be waiting for the first letter to come through please and then how long after they keep asking for the money x x 

Hi.

Ive merged your old and new threads, please post on this one. :)

It isn't a fine, only a court can do that and RLP can't take you to court, only the shop. We can't tell you how long before anything happens or how long they will write for, but they don't have a right to ask you for money. RLP are a sort of alternative legal system and should leave things to the proper authorities.

You may need to sit it out for a while but this will go away. If you do get any letters, some back here and we'll reassure you. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no go back and read post 2 again ^^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...