Yi Smart Dash Cam issues since ios13 update how to resolve (iphone only)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yi Smart Dash Cam issues since ios13 update how to resolve (iphone only)

For anyone that is using the app on ios and is having issues using the app with their dash cam.
(note: I have had the issue of the app not working since ios13 and the different updates till now)

How I managed to resolve this so that the app is now working with the dash cam

1. Ensure to update your Iphone to the latest version (13.3.1)

2. Update the Yi Smart Dash Cam App via the apple app store (ensure before downloading it is for ios13 the latest version for the app is 4.3.19) if your app will let you update the app if not delete the app from your iphone and update as mentioned.

3. Then you need to update the Yi Smart Dash Cam Firmware to the latest firmware (which if the app aint working you cant do so you will have to do this manually and update the firmware for your specific model)

Download Firmware link (check for your model):
https://www.yitechnology.com/yi-smart-dash-camera-firmware

Manual Install Instructions link:
https://www.yitechnology.com/support/firmware_en

Note: with the above manual install instruction link it states to ensure the name remains 'firmware.bin' which may work
for your model and install but it didn't work for my model and the simple solution I done was to name it just firmware i.e. 
remove the .bin at the end. This worked for me and installed no problem and I immediately noticed how sharper the quality of the picture/video was on my dash cam.

Then after doing the above go through setting up the app to link it to your dash cam. Tip when going through the app setup when it gets to wifi password make sure and check it is using the dash cam wifi, if not go into your iphone wifi setting and check the yi dash cam and then try linking it again.

The above is a bit long but on doing this it worked for me and my dash cam is now fully working with the app now.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group