Paypal Gambling problems

Fallenjo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a meltdown last night due to a bottle of brandy which disagreed with me.

I went crazy and used my PayPal account to take a shot at being a big player online at PaddyPower.

Inevitably I lost.

My bad move, I own it.

I didn't have the money in my linked bank account.

I've now cancelled it all.

However, googling it I came across your site where you say beyond a few threatening empty letters there is nothing Paypal can do because they can't take me to court from Luxembourg?

I don't believe in debt avoidance, but nor do I believe being held to account for a drunken moment of madness when they shouldn't have authorized the payments because I never had the money in my bank account to start with!! 

I'd be really greatful if the posters who feel so sure that Paypal do nothing would confirm it to me please.

:tape:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah okay, I hadn't realised you were volunteers. My bad. Okay, well if anyone can answer my question (using words rather than confusing symbols) I'd appreciate it as I'm really scared right now. 

Judging by all the other threads similar to mine it looks like I don't have to pay it back, but the only person who seems to be sure is answering in childish graphics now so I'm a bit worried!!! 

Ta. 

Jo.

I understand that you're stressed but please bear with us and advice will be forthcoming. I hope you don't think I'm immature, I'm just trying to explain things even though I can't answer your question. 

Yes we're volunteers and our advice is free, no strings. 

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

No offence taken. 

Thanks. I'll wait for this advice... 

(edit - honeybee13 I wasn't referring to you, dx100uk simply replied with a symbol I didn't understand and was hoping for clarification as it seems on all the paypal threads he is the one who is so sure about things. I'm hoping he may come back to clarify...

Edited by Fallenjo

having a green blob sadly doesn't mean i'm actually online, where I reside the internet is liable to interruption with no easy nor cheap alternative to get backup, one has to wait....

for the magic to happen and someone has to twists together the break in the +150mls of fibre cable or knocks the dish back in alignment across one microwave link over a body of water and i'm back online

it wasn't a childish emoji, tape up ones mouth and say nothing more... as the moral police will be up soon criticising CAG for condoning debt avoidance by confirming your correct assumption..there is nothing they can do about...

the only paypal debt to be wary of is the paypal credit card which a branded newday card which ofcourse is financed by a UK company under the consumer credit act and is legally enforceable in this country...

what is quite urgent ...and what are you scared about....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah, ok, thanks for the response. (not sure what you mean about having no internet, you must be outside the UK? - makes me worried about the quality of your advice?)

No offence, but I notice it's only you who seems so sure on these paypal threads, is there anyone else on "cag" please?

It's the best news ever if I can just ignore, and I will do. But forgive me for taking the word of a person who can't even get a constant internet connection! lol.

Anyone else able to confirm what the poster above says please... It will really put my mind at rest (and right now maybe even allow to gamble more on paypal if it's all for free! Fantastic!)

no but if I walk a few more north i could fall off it..🤣

easiest thing to confirm things is to go see if you can find any evidence on the interweb of a Paypal CCJ or court case since they moved to luxy..

its part of their business model to simply absorb these things and the fraud people do.

its far cheaper than paying +£B's in UK tax.

and they

I like to blame Maggie for just about anything but I don't think it is all her fault- yes I know she sold off BT but still. If you look there are still quite a few developed countries with worse internet access 

Fallenjo

I do think you have been rather rude to Dx100uk- they are here all day everyday and provide pages of sound advice- they may fall of their seat hearing me say that but hey ho

Maybe you can ask the mods to change the title as it clearly is your fault- you spent the money albeit under the influence but if they can not enforce it why pay . It is not debt avoidance as you didn't set out to get the money , it is using the law to protect yourself. 

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• AndyOrch changed the title to Paypal Gambling problems