Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work for a Government department and you would think the world had returned to normal, with managers expecting people to behave as if  we were currently enjoying July 2019 conditions.

I can understand wanting to return to 'normal' ASAP, but expecting most people to be fully operational, when there are many self-isolating, people enjoying first holidays they have had in a long time and many finding it difficult to live without fear of getting Covid etc, it is wishful thinking.

• Sad 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Covid data not very good today, with 96 deaths, 46,588 new cases, 4,567 people in hospital

Boris has taken such a risky gamble, that numbers will start to go down during the next few weeks. If the data gets to the level, where Vallance and Whitty feel they have to request Government reintroduces measures including a lockdown, it is going to be difficult for Boris to stay as PM. If the information provided by Cummings in the BBC interview is accurate, I am not sure many people would be happy that it is acceptable to Boris for older people to die from Covid.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

WWW.BRISTOLPOST.CO.UK

Councillors told the authorities have "no mitigations" to halt increase until everyone is vaccinated

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Ministers have privately pointed to evidence that suggests Covid-19 could be spread when an infected person breaks wind in a confined space, such as a...

See in Australia,  they have the military out enforcing lock down, with helicopters and drones.

Could you imagine the reaction in the UK if the same strict enforcement actions had been taken.

In regard to UK, I think it is quite possible there will be further lockdowns during Autumn/Winter due to new Covid variants. 

• I agree 1

Government will be faced with very difficult choices.

I am hearing that some businesses are really struggling due to supply issues.  If they cannot sell the goods or provide the service, they may not have the cashflow to continue to pay wages. 

Any further lockdowns could force businesses to fail and Government may have to step in again with financial support to pay wages, as well as help with business expenses.

• Like 1

In the US where there is a stronger anti-vaccine movement, the Hospitals are now becoming full in some areas. 

In the UK news reports are that those in Hospital battling Covid are unvaccinated Women. It would be interesting what data available reveals on this.  The average age of a Hospital patient battling Covid is also now apparently under 50 years old. 

It would difficult for everyone if  20 to 30% of populations  stubbornly refuse vaccinations, leading to continued lockdown periods or other measures being taken. Government won't allow Hospitals to be continually struggling with Covid patients.  Perhaps they need to separate out Covid patients into regional Nightingale Hospitals and let other NHS Hospitals deal with treating other patients, including the large backlog.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

A southwest Sydney couple have been charged with a string of offences after allegedly breaching Covid restrictions by travelling...

In Australia they don't mess around with lockdown enforcement.

Australia not doing great with vaccine roll out . Best performance within Sydney area has less than 30% of adult population vaccinated

• I agree 1

Mask wearing makes total sense in public indoor spaces and on public transport , until most countries have high levels (70%+) vacinated.  And it is risky anyway, as probably about 20% of the UK population will remain unvacinated.

I would have thought that UK Government would have received scientific advice about mask wearing being important, due to the possibility of new Covid variants being spread, which may cause hospitalisations even where people have been vacinated. 

I can see another Government u-turn in September.

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Solicitor Leslie Lawrenson, 58, died at his home in Bournemouth, Dorset, just nine days after releasing two videos to Facebook explaining why Covid-19...

Always is personal choice and I can understand why some people do not want to be vaccinated.

There are many younger people who believe that the risk outweighs the benefit. They think that getting Covid will most likely lead to fairly mild symptoms, whereas the vaccines can have side effects.

There is concern with some of the new vaccines, that we don't know whether they may cause problems in the years ahead e.g. to fertility.

Those who decide to not be vaccinated may have come to a considered choice taking into account all available information and are not just afraid to have an injection.

As someone middle aged, I decided to be vaccinated as the risk of covid causing serious illness or death was much higher.  

Anyone else going on the 'ban the bean' march in London tomorrow ?

Would help towards the environment in terms of emissions :)

@tobyjugg2  My earlier post is simply saying that some people won't have vaccinations because they have come to a rational decision.    Not saying this is a choice they should make but I would not want Government to pass laws forcing people to have vaccinations. 

Would not rule out the possibility that if there were more serious  pandemics in the future that Governments would pass laws requiring vaccinations unless medically exempt.

NEWS.SKY.COM

Coronavirus levels in people with the Delta variant are similar regardless of whether they've been vaccinated - and it "may have implications for...

I don't hear the 'fat lady singing' on this Covid pandemic yet.

Yes the vaccines appear to be helping stop serious ill health in most people, but if the level of protection provided  starts to decline, with Governments removing safety measures, we may see an increase in hospitalisations in the Autumn/Winter period.

I can understand the Government wanting to provide some optimism about UK returning to life close to where it was in February 2020, but they need to make preparations for lockdowns as well as other measures being required without much notice.

Less people are reporting for testing ?  They may have been double vaccinated, so if they feel slightly ill, they don't think it is Covid ?

And those not vaccinated, who either think they have had Covid before so have anti-bodies or have not had it think they won't become seriously ill as young, fit and healthy.

Government have signalled  that Covid is coming to an end and we can return to normal. They have just said people need to be cautious, sensible etc. This was debated on here at the time of the decision, where I said I thought they lifted Covid measures too soon and should have kept masks.

BBC News - Covid in Sydney: Communities feel under siege as troops deployed

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Residents say they're being treated like second-class citizens to stem a Covid outbreak.

Who information on variants

WWW.WHO.INT

All viruses, including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, change over time. Most changes have little to no impact on the virus’ properties...

Australia becomes a Prison colony again ?

NEWS.SKY.COM

The change is part of emergency biosecurity laws to help stem the transmission of COVID-19 - but there is debate about whether it is...

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Posts claiming Covid vaccines cause miscarriages are not supported by scientific evidence.

As this subject came up before, thought I would add information link

• Thanks 1

I am definitely going to have a booster if offered.  Not relying on the 2x AZ providing good protection for a year.

I think there is a UK obligation to help poorer countries, as it is in our self interest.  The number of vaccine factories is increasing to meet world demand and UK should contribute as much as possible towards paying for vaccines.

• 2 weeks later...

Ventilation in work places is a hot topic at the moment.

There is a complicated calculation to be made, depending on the ventilation in place, to work out how many people can safely be in an office at the same time.

If an office has visitors coming in and the the safe limit will be breached, companies are faced with having to send staff to work from home, if there is no alternative to the visitors attending the office.

I have not fully studied this subject, so knowledge fairly basic.

As far as I understand it, it would be building capacity.   But if there is more than one company in a Building they will each have  a capacity limit based on square meters and there will be a capacity for communal areas.

It is the ability of the ventilation system to be able to efficiently extract and replace with  fresh air.

Most businesses occupying larger offices have a facilities management company looking after such issues, but the business managers responsible for H&S should ask the questions.  There are ready made calculators available.

OURWORLDINDATA.ORG

Our vaccination dataset uses the most recent official numbers from governments and health ministries worldwide. The population estimates...

32.4% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 24.4% is fully vaccinated.
4.93 billion doses have been administered globally, and 34.25 million are now administered each day.
Only 1.4% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.

If herd immunity is not possible, even with say 90% of the world population vaccinated, which is an unlikely high percentage, will life for most people have changed forever ?

If we are going to live with Covid, with thousands of people in the UK having the virus at any one time, with daily deaths directly due to Covid and hospitalisation taking up a percentage of NHS resources, what changes will we see as a result ?

Will air travel from now on always require a negative test result ?  

Attending large indoor events could always require a negative test result ?

Mixed home and office working could be permanent, if employers require staff with any symptoms to work from home ?  E.g. have a cold, stay at home to work if you can, do not attend workplace if coughing and sneezing.

What other changes could be permanent ?

One of the consequences of Covid, is people  taking the opportunity to visit places around the UK !

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Litter, erosion and traffic put "significant pressure" on the mountain, says the Snowdonia Society.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks