Safestyle Windows

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Not only have we been mis-sold a product they no longer supply, we have the inferior windows held in with blue foam because they miss measured our windows!

Some fitted, some not!

House freezing and we have had to put a blanket at the top to fill a huge gap that allowed a gale to blow through the house.

Scaffolding still erected nearly 4 months later and no resolution;

in fact a letter received today to say That this is what we signed for and they are looking to recover their money’s minus £200 by way of an apology!

We feel brow beaten and bullied,

surely they cannot get away with this?

Hi

Welcome to CAG please be patient I am sure others will be along to give there wisdom.

How did you agree to this contract? (in your house, at there premises, over the phone)

Were the windows Standard Fitted or Made to Measure?

Was it actually Safestyle that fitted the windows or a subcontractor?

Were you given a complete descriptions of the Goods and Services they would provide in your Contract?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 Double Glazing Installation should:

--be done using 'Reasonable Skill and Care'.

--the Double Glazing should be made with materials that are 'of Satisfactory Quality' and 'Fit for Purpose'.

--and be 'As Described'.

Safestyle are registered members of 'Glass and Glazing Federation':
https://www.ggf.org.uk/members/united-kingdom/yorkshire/bradford/sealed-units/safestyle-uk/

Glass and Glazing Federation offer a free conciliation for domestic customers if the member is registered with them:
https://www.ggf.org.uk/technical-information/conciliation-service/

Safestyle are also registered members of FENSA:
https://www.fensa.org.uk/find-installers/SearchMembers

Something to ask clarification on with Safestyle is were their Installers that fitted those windows 'FENSA Approved'.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

well it sounds as if you are in a very good position because I gather that you owe them money and not the other way around and secondly that you have a letter from them making it clear in writing that they admit to an error.

This is a very good beginning. 

I suggest that you start off by writing them a letter in which you reject their apology and their offer and that you inform them that you will be not looking for other suppliers to remove the poorly fitted windows and to replace them with a satisfactory product and that you will be expecting safestyle to finance this.

I also suggest that you start photographing everything and make a very detailed record in case this matter goes to litigation. Include the scaffolding etc.

Please can you tell us the value of the total contract. How long was the job meant to have taken? maybe you can give us a bullet pointed chronology of how the job has gone and also any exchanges between yourself and safestyle.

I am assuming that safestyle supplied and also installed the windows. Please confirm.

I envisage that you will have to start contacting other suppliers to get alternative independent quotes for the removal of the safestyle windows and the replacement of them by something that you find satisfactory. this will be a nuisance but eventually you'll be able to claim compensation from safestyle. 

from the facts that you have given us your position sounds extremely good and dealing with it will be pretty straightforward but of course a lot will depend on the attitude of safestyle. However, as they have already made an admission, it would be very silly of them to put up any particular resistance which will only eventually lead to more expense by them and also litigation which on the facts that you have given us I am sure they will lose.

of course if this person wants to sort out their window problem then they need to start taking an interest and engaging with this thread. They should engage with this thread

Please will you post up a scanned PDF copy of the letter they sent you.

Also, it would be very helpful if you would address the questions that I have put to you in an earlier post.