The Consumer Action Group Needs Your Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

43 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

I'm not describing the forum itself as a business but the underlying structure and activity that supports it financially. Unless you treat it as such and look at reducing optional costs such as accountancy you will continue to have to ''put out the begging bowl '' as you put it. It's simply an unescapable commercial reality. Of course it's your choice but not how I'd go about it, that's all.

If the ethos of this community is to offer advice freely and unconditionally (which I have genuinely attempted to do in this case) then I do not believe I have misjudged it.

Thank you for this input

Great Site this is, I have received lots of help since joining this forum and I believe many others must have benefited in one way or the other. I shall make contribution by end of this month when I get my salary. Keep up the good work guys. High Regards, from Rennai

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

:yo:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, we have just received a donation from an email address with a very long and complicated first part – I don't know if that is you. Anyway I have replied by email.

If that wasn't from you then I'm saying now thank you very much. It's badly needed and very appreciated.

For anyone else who donates, I try to reply but I'm afraid sometimes the demands of this site giving advice to people gets a bit too much and so I don't always get round to it. If you are someone who has donated and you haven't had a reply and I'm very sorry. It's just the pressure of everything.

4 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Hi, we have just received a donation from an email address with a very long and complicated first part – I don't know if that is you. Anyway I have replied by email.

If that wasn't from you then I'm saying now thank you very much. It's badly needed and very appreciated.

For anyone else who donates, I try to reply but I'm afraid sometimes the demands of this site giving advice to people gets a bit too much and so I don't always get round to it. If you are someone who has donated and you haven't had a reply and I'm very sorry. It's just the pressure of everything.

That was me yes my name is very complicated and very long 😁 thought it was my duty however small it was maybe someday I can make a bigger donation.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you click the donate button then as well as PayPal you can simply make a credit card payment without needing a PayPal account

Thanks 🤔 it went through this time (and with a card I thought PayPal had blocked many years ago). However the credit card donation was still processed by PayPal and required agreeing to PayPal's guest payment terms. Previous PayPal terms used to state they reserve the right to limit guest payments to 10 transactions.

I especially dislike this current term:

If these transactions are regular or exceed certain thresholds, we may require you to open a PayPal account with us. At this point, you will need to enter into our standard user agreement to govern your newly-created relationship with us.

I strongly dislike PayPal and will never open a PayPal account... but at the same time I don't want to discourage others, so I'll stop here 🤐

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you very much. I've just responded by email

• 2 weeks later...

I've just successfully arrived at the end of a long wrangle with my dishonest mobile phone provider.  It was a success and I could not have done this without the advice and encouragement of BankFodder.  To describe this site as a Godsend is an understatement.  It is a lifeline for many isolated and despairing souls.

Thank you CAG!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well we are not too bad – but I'm not sure if we have been sent by God!  😇

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the advice and support on this site. I always appreciate the help/comfort/support  I get in life whether in good time or challenging ones.

A forum like this is truly outstanding, and the guidance/contributions and directions I have  received have kept me sane at a very difficult time.

I have made my donations, and it's not going to be a one off. We must all support this site to help ourselves and others who come on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Received. Thank you. However I think you're jumping the gun a bit and we should wait until we see how it all pans out. There's a fair bit of work to do and as we all seem to understand, the outcome is very uncertain.

I understand what you're saying, the donation has nothing to do with the enthusiasm for the case, as frankly I kind of know what the score is-- but I appreciate people on here taking the time to respond and contribute.

Showing support  for the site doesn't need to be linked to outcomes of whatever case we are seeking help with.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I've just emailed you – you may need to check your spam folder

Hi guys

Not been on the site for a while but cannot thank you for all support and help. I'm sure I'll need support in the future but am pleased to have contributed to the cause today. Good luck all with your problems and thanks once  CAG board members  and others for your fantastic help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Emailed

• 4 months later...

yes

as long as you can tell admin your old username and the email used.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...