Halifax - Notice of Eviction

UKP
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have received a notice of eviction, with an eviction date of 9th December.

Is there any way for me to suspend the warrant and/or postpone the eviction date within this timeframe?

Thank you in advance for your responses.

UKP 

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...you will have to expand on this...is it rental or mortgage ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response.

Firstly, I apologize  for posting the topic in an inappropriate forum area.  I will ensure to pay closer attention to that from hereon.

The property has a mortgage with Halifax, with a total arrears amount of £4000.  No proceedings have taken place yet; the notice that I have received is a claim for possession.    

I have spoken with the eviction team at Halifax, who asked for a financial review to be conducted over the phone.  I read comments on a post equivalent to mine in this forum, where a user had advised against doing so over the phone, so I have not done so.  

My aim is provide instalments in an effort to at least reduce the balance, prior to incurring ant costs for the issue to be addressed in court.

Thank you in advance for all responses,

Best Regards,

UKP

Hi honeybee13,

There is a duration of 10 years left on the loan.  The regular payments are approx £880 per month.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Best Regards,

UKP

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi,  how much could you afford to pay towards the arrears each month in addition to the normal monthly payment ?

If you can show the court you have the ability to pay off the arrears over a period of time then the  judge will suspend possession.

Let us know if you need help with defending the claim.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I apologize profusely for my delayed response,.  All of your collective insight has been extremely helpful...so I would not want any of you to think that I was ungrateful in any way, due to that delay.

Andyorch - thank you for the guides, the material contained a number of tips, much appreciated.

Ell-enn - At present, by way of some additional work on the side, I am aiming to place myself in a position to add, perhaps, £200 on top of the monthly payment.  As the possibility of that extra amount can only be confirmed at the end of the month, my worry is that, due to the claim of possession date being 9th December, that may be cutting things too close (?) 

Thanks in advance, as always, for your responses and collective insight.

Best Regards,

UKP  

If you have received an eviction notice I assume there has been a repossession hearing prior to this?  did you attend the hearing ?

If so what was the outcome ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Ell-enn,

I received two notices.  One was from Halifax, stating ''we're taking possession of this property'', which was dated on 19th September 2019. 

I also received another notice, from the county court, dated 17th October 2019, which contained a claim number and a warrant number, along with a  time and date of the intended eviction.

I attempted to attach images of the notices that I am referring to for your reference, a total of three, but each file exceeds the 4.88 mb limit

It appears as though some proceedings took place but I was never made aware beforehand, of the date and time of those proceedings, in order to attend them.  

If there is another way in which to receive the images for better reference, feel free to let me know, in an effort to aid clarification.

Thanks in advance for your collective response.  Much appreciated.

Best Regards,

UKP  

read upload carefully

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK,  you'll have to enter an N244 at court to get a hearing before the eviction to have it stopped.  We can help you with thatt.

Hi dx100uk,

Thank you for providing the correct upload instructions, much appreciated.

Hi Ell-enn,

Thank you for confirming the next appropriate step, along with providing the link to the applicable form.

I am in the process of filling the form out at the moment.

Regarding question 3...''what order are you asking the court to make and why?'' naturally, I would prefer a stop of the repossession order altogether...but is the protocol to request a suspension first, prior to a request for  stop of the order?

I also am unsure how to answer questions 5,6, 7 and 8.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

Best Regards,

UKP

As ell-enn says to get the eviction stopped

You cant get the SPO removed

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100uk,

Please bear with me, as I am totally unfamiliar with the appropriate protocol and terminologies.  Thanks.

As an answer to question 3, I will ask for the eviction to be stopped.

I am still unsure, regarding how to answer questions 5,6, 7 and 8.

All help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance for all responses.

Best Regards,

UKP

Edited by UKP

literally 100's here use our search

but here is one I found

don't forget your budget sheet too.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Halifax - Notice of Eviction

Hi dx100uk,

Thanks a lot for that reference post.  I found a few of the answers that I had been looking for so far..and I intend to  go through the remainder of the post this evening. 

Will be back, in the event of any further questions, as well as to provide any updates.  Thanks again, much appreciated.

Best Regards,

UKP

Post you stuff up here as a pdf first

read upload

and they

I'm going out shortly but will take a look tomorrow.